• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 in bastard springs

demiv

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and found lots of threads about s10 springs. They all say about 4.5 in of lift. Im looking for about 6 in. Is this possible or should i get lift springs. Im pretty poor so if i can build them id rather do it that way. Thanks.

Tall springs like that wouldn't flex very well anyways. You’d probably get better flex with the S10/shackle combo that is being recommended.

Rocklizard has a budget boost article that uses cherokee springs that gets bout 2.5"~, I imagine you could slap a couple of cherokee leaves in there and get it up to 5.5+.

i have a 3 in lift now - pro comp with rear aal - the aal didnt do much at all so i put in a 3 in block just so it looked right. that was years ago but i have a set of 35s for free if i can fit them. my fenders are already cut so i think 6 in will do. im planing on using the acos on the front with my 3 in springs. and yes this is just my toy.

You'll need more than ACOS to get your front lifted.

I have 7.25" in the rear using a bastard setup and 7.0 in the front.

My recipe :D
Rear:
Dakota pack with overload and with cherokee main leaf.
2" blocks
Comanche shackles for the .75 lift they give.

Front:
Rustys 4.5 coils...And they SUCK get some better springs.
ACOS to make up the rest.

Be prepared for the additional expenses.
Longer control arms...Probably adjustables upper and lower.
Adjustable track bar
Work on the steering.
Longer shocks.
Longer brake lines
Cut the e-brake cables or get longer ones.
LONGER DRIVESHAFTS
T-case Drop for angle

Yeah that should do it. Running in the 6.5" range needs pretty much all of the above addressed. And I may have forgotten something too..but can't remember right now.

Bouncy said:
Rustys 4.5 coils...And they SUCK get some better springs.
What's so bad about your springs? I have had mine for over 2 years, wheeled A LOT! They have only sagged maybe 1/2" (of course they gave me a little over 5" to start with), and they flex great! They are the only Rusty's part I'm actually happy with!

Anyway, I'm not here to turn this into a Rusty's sucks thread.
Here is what I did on the cheap for the rear http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=901160. It works great, and rides better than most aftermarket springs I've seen (unless you spend the big bucks on full custom packs).

Back