• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 spd and 33's

thanks for all the help. thats not that bad. lets say. i have acess to another cherokee that was an automatic but it doesnt run. and i swiped the axles. which have 3.55s which would be better or wiser ( if i wanted the 3.55s) to swap the gearing keeping in mind this mod isprob out of my league, or just swapping the axles.? thanks alot

SourApple said:
thanks for all the help. thats not that bad. lets say. i have acess to another cherokee that was an automatic but it doesnt run. and i swiped the axles. which have 3.55s which would be better or wiser ( if i wanted the 3.55s) to swap the gearing keeping in mind this mod isprob out of my league, or just swapping the axles.? thanks alot

Swapping axles is easy (just make sure you don't downgrade the axles in the process). But while 3.55's with 33's will be better, they will be FAR away from what it remotedly should be considered acceptable.

thanks guys for all the help. so what about 3.55s with 32s just a thought.. i mean if i decide to go with 32's now. im sure next time i will go bigger but i will need a sye. so hows about 4.10s with 32 thanks again

XJ_ranger said:
3.55's and a 5 speed with 33's here

seems to be the same as 235/75r-15's and 3.07's...

I hate it - though it would be great if i were into deep mud...

pleanty of wheel spin on tap....

look at me try to crawl -
img_4550.jpg
my first time to Fordyce I had 3.55s, manual tranny, 33" BFG MTs, open diffs, D35 rear.... I literally bounced through everything. Gearing and lockers are an amazing thing.

SourApple said:
thanks guys for all the help. so what about 3.55s with 32s just a thought.. i mean if i decide to go with 32's now. im sure next time i will go bigger but i will need a sye. so hows about 4.10s with 32 thanks again
Not much difference between 32's with 3.55's and 33's with 3.55's. It would be better, but still far away from really justifying the work. Now if you could find 4.11's they would not be bad but if you are looking at 32's and then later 33's, go 4.56's or 4.88's! I ran 4.88's for a short while (couple long trips actually) and it wasn't bad: yeah I was limited to 65mph or so on the freeway but that's about it.

Back