• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.9L MJ Build.....

The Elimanater looks pretty clean :thumbup:. I was going to sugest Hotwireauto as well. Plating the frame rails is definately a good idea. Were you thinking aftermarket headers or oem manifolds?

Not sure yet on the manifolds/exhaust. I would love to do a set of header but that depends on how much $$ I have.

I still plan on paint, lift, tires/wheels, gears, lockers.......endless pit :laugh2:

A more intensive JeepSpeed type cage(engine bay cradle/frame), and frame plating would probably do the trick. IIRC you have basically a stock truck, right John? Minus the cage of course.
X2 , my thoughts exactly. Even a basic engine cage to tie in the motor mounts/frame rails and shock towers would help, plus the plating. Then you could go with some coilovers :D. I would also add XJ frame rail stiffeners all the way back under the cab.I have found that just resting the truck on jack stands to far behind the LCA mounts will tweak the door frame,so I dont know how much more the 5.9 weigh's but anything you can do to help strengthen the frame is good.

Looking forward to this project. My gf has a 5.9 and it hauls ass.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm in the process of planning a 5.2 swap into my MJ rally truck. I have an engine, wiring harness, ecu fro a 95 Dodge van. Since it's for racing, I don't need the stock gauges to work (I have an autometer tach and shift light, and that's all I need). I can even just wire switches to the dash for ignition and such. So, I figure all I need to do is fab up some mounts. I'll need a bigger radiator. Will the power steering pump work? What about a throttle cable? My truck is 2wd, and staying that way. Can I use the AX15 with it? (I know it's weak, but will it bolt up).

Believe me, I wish I could use a SBC, but the rules just don't allow it.

Not sure about the bellhousing adapter for the 5.2 to AX15 but the AX15 will definitely handle the power of an unmodified 5.2. Getting the electronics to be happy is another story.

Back