• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5-90 Around?

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
Hi NAXJA,

I have searched about battery cable replacement because I am about to install a winch and the 23 year old OE cables on my cherokee are looking pretty tired. I tried to PM 5-90 but his PM Box is full. I also sent him an email.

Does anyone know if he is still taking orders or should I start looking else where to get new battery cables made?

TIA

Hi NAXJA,

I have searched about battery cable replacement because I am about to install a winch and the 23 year old OE cables on my cherokee are looking pretty tired. I tried to PM 5-90 but his PM Box is full. I also sent him an email.

Does anyone know if he is still taking orders or should I start looking else where to get new battery cables made?

TIA

He's posted on Facebook as recently as 5 hours ago so... he's still alive. Not sure if he's still making battery cables or not.

Look him up on FB and shoot him a message there. Jon Kelley is his name.

Make em yourself man. They are super easy and you can route them how you want. There is a post on here that gives the lengths end sizes. I did all mine for less than 30 bucks. That included the battery cable lug crimper. I used #4 welding cable.

Your local Carquest/AAP, Napa etc. should have bulk cable in a few sizes, and copper lugs. They also typically carry different lengths of complete cables with lugs and all. So, you can also figure out the lengths you want and do that.

Back