• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 Shops Near Grand Rapids, MI?

JONNYD

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know of a reputable shop to do a coil spring install in/near west michigan? I have a set of longer coils I want installed to replace my coil/spacer combination, and I dont trust my cheapo spring compressors to do the job. I also dont have time to mess with it. Any ideas? I called a spring shop and they told me they only install leafs. I also tried Cascade 4x4, but they are rediculously expensive.

JONNYD said:
Does anybody know of a reputable shop to do a coil spring install in/near west michigan? I have a set of longer coils I want installed to replace my coil/spacer combination, and I dont trust my cheapo spring compressors to do the job. I also dont have time to mess with it. Any ideas? I called a spring shop and they told me they only install leafs. I also tried Cascade 4x4, but they are rediculously expensive.

to switch coils? easy as pie man!

disconect the shocks, sway bar, put a jack under the axle, lift the heep up, put jackstands under the frame, drop the axle out - my coils normaly fall out as i let the axle droop...

I know how to do coils...I put my current 4.5" coils in with poly spacers a while back. I dont want to have to disconnect the control arms (cuz it takes two people and some time to put back together), and i dont know if I can get the 6.5" coils in without doing so (I have a non-parallelogram long arm steup....teraflex style). I think I can do it, but if somebody else can do it while I am at work, I would prefer it!

look for a local shop/garage that does suspension work, I wouldn't be dead set on a 4x4 shop, it's pretty basic work.

xj4life said:
if you really want someone else to do it these are defiantely the guys to call.

X2

I have met and wheeled with these guys, they not only understand XJ's, but have been good friends of NAXJA and the MWC. They will not steer you wrong.

Rev

If you're in GR and just need that work, call Cascade 4WD. I don't know if they do installs but they can probably point you in the right direction.

I've never had work done by them so I don't know if they're good or not.

Back