• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4th annual poker run! Los Coyotes

kayle666

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys n gals,
the 4th annual charity run is less than a month away from friday nov-13-15
ever want to wheel los coyotes? well nows your chance! here is a link to the event page or hit me up if any of you have any questions. https://www.facebook.com/events/1799465330280769/

food and drink are included as is a good raffle. come help spread awareness for melanoma and have fun doing it! there will be three classes of runs bunny, medium, and hardcore. I am extremely lucky to have this event back at this location and if you have wheeled here before you know how beautiful it is!
last year we had a great time and this year will be even better!

Cheers!

Kayle

so do i! spots are filling up! here is the link for paypal just specify in paypal notes if you want harcore moderate or bunny saturday or sunday. as of now all sunday has available is moderate. harcore requires lockers front and back and 35's.
let me know if you have any questions!

http://michellecaresfoundation.org/donate/

from the event page
"This year's event is taking place at the Los Coyotes Indian Reservation. This is a special opportunity, as these trails aren't made available for wheeling very often, and have been closed to the public for around 11 years. We'd like to give a HUGE thank-you to Toby Stoneburner for allowing the foundation to put on this event in such an amazing location!

Registration will be $50 per run. This will be first come first served. Paying the fee gets you into one run, if you want to do a run on each day you'll need to pay the second fee. Registration is non-refundable, so be sure you can make it before you pay.

Registration will begin this Sunday Oct 4th at 8 pm. it will be done via Paypal. what you will need to do is pay the $50.00 entry fee and in the notes section designate what run you want to do. hard core, moderate, or bunny. Saturday or Sunday, then you will need to click on your transaction and print a copy of it to bring to the run as this will now be your entry ticket. as the runs fill up on Saturday i will be assigning overflow to Sunday. Send your registration fees via paypal to the following address: [email protected]. there are time stamps on the transactions so it will be first registered first assigned.

If you're camping there will be an additional fee that will need to be paid to the tribe, more details will follow, but I believe it's $25/night for RVs and $16/night for tents.

If you have Passengers that would like 1 raffle ticket and a meal its an extra $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under.

camping is extra and paid to the reservation

There will be 3 runs on Saturday and 3 runs on Sunday. The Saturday runs leave at 8am SHARP. The three runs are as follows:
Hardcore (Limited to 10 Jeeps/day - 35" tires and locker's required, no exceptions so don't ask)
Moderate (Limited to 15 Jeeps/day)
Bunny/Scenic Run (Limited to 15 Jeeps/day)

Everyone participating MUST have a fire extinguisher, and a CB radio is strongly encouraged. This is a culturally significant and sensitive area, and anyone found off-trail will be kicked out immediately.

Dinner will be provided after the runs on Saturday night, followed by a raffle with some pretty sweet prizes. Registration gets you your first ticket, extra tickets will be $1 each, or 6 for $5, 12 for $10, 30 for $20. There will also be a bucket raffle with various prizes. Bucket raffle tickets will be $5 each. Sponsors so far include ORW, 4WheelParts, Aftershock Brewing and Gravity Skateboards!!"

Coming from palm springs can i just look up Los Coyotes Indian Reservation? If not can you post a link for us old guys? LOL Thank you.

Kayle,
How many hardcore spots are available on Sat, if any? What about Sunday? Tried checking on the FB page but couldn't tell.
Also, it's $50 per vehicle per run, (not $50 per person), correct?

scott, http://www.kumeyaay.info/los_coyotes.html

sd, harcore saturday has 6 spots open, sunday will be moderate only at this point. with the ability to try some of the hard core obstacles.

$50 per vehicle for the event. camping is extra that goes to the reservation.

sorry for the late reply ive been slammed!

Just found out about the Charity Run...
Hope its not too late for the Saturday run; I registered this morning...
See you there early Saturday....

Charles

Last edited:
Kayle,
Just donated/signed up for Saturday hardcore run.
What's the parking situation like for tow rigs near the staging area?
Art

Back