• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 link ?s

This guy should be on pirate, but reading not asking questions. I spent almost 2 years planning for my 4-link and it still didnt come out perfect.

Buying Deaver springs isnt much savings if you are building the 4-link your self. A rear 4-link is good on the street, but plan on chopping the f out of your XJ to get something that is worth having.

Coilovers are the best setup, but they are $$$$, almost double or more of anything else you can use. (airshocks, 1/4 elip, coils/shocks)

AKA you probably shouldnt do it now, hows that for help?

88XJScott said:
This guy should be on pirate, but reading not asking questions. I spent almost 2 years planning for my 4-link and it still didnt come out perfect.

Buying Deaver springs isnt much savings if you are building the 4-link your self. A rear 4-link is good on the street, but plan on chopping the f out of your XJ to get something that is worth having.

Coilovers are the best setup, but they are $$$$, almost double or more of anything else you can use. (airshocks, 1/4 elip, coils/shocks)

AKA you probably shouldnt do it now, hows that for help?

I was asking if it was Pirate because everyone was tearing him apart. Thats normally what I see on Pirate, not here.

kylewc said:
here is alittle help: you want te links to be about the same distance apart if you have say 8" between your upper and lower link on the axlethen you wantthe same distance on the other end you will have to truss the rear axle and put your upper mounts on top in the center section and have them trianglate to the fram rails you will hve to plate your frame rails on both sides and fab a crossmember to attach your links to the upper links you want 70% shorter than te lowers when you trianglate. have to figure if you want johnny joints or hiems joints for a dd i would do johnny joints to figure your spring rate, weight the back of your xj with your normal payload and figure your springs compressed height and call a spring manufactor and give them the info they will help you with the springs you need. you can go on extream 4x4 website tey have a 4 link calc. its a lot of work toget it dialed in i did my s10 but its for drag raceing.

I have a headache after trying to read this !?!

600dollarxj said:
I was asking if it was Pirate because everyone was tearing him apart. Thats normally what I see on Pirate, not here.

"everyone was tearing him apart."
Huh, where?

This place most certainly is NOT Pirate, there's a lot more whiney freeloaders on NAXJA. ;)

Back