• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 link numbers

tealcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
As some of you know, were starting to sell kits for XJ's. 3 link fronts, 4 link rears. I was wondering what some of your opinions are for rear 4 links on antisquat numbers and such. So far i have 2 designs, heres the numbers

Anti-Squat 103.15
RC Slope 0.0954"/in
RC Height 24.562"
RC Angle 5.4549
Instant Center X-Axis 148.91"
Instant Center Y-Axis 0"
Instant Center Z-Axis 56.050"

now, gaining 1" ground clearence, and not having any floor issues.....

Anti-Squat 135.68
RC Slope 0.1148"
RC Height 24.758"
RC Angle 6.5535
Instant Center X-Axis 80.281"
Instant Center Y-Axis 0"
Instant Center Z-Axis 39.748"

what would you guys prefer?

more info at www.rockkustoms.com

sorry to hi-jack but your website doesnt tell much about your products

do your kits come with joints?

are the crossmemebrs removable? (from the looks of it none of the arm mounts are mounted to the frame)

what size tubing are the arms?

not trying to be a dick but the more info, the better chance of a sale, thus more customers

good luck
:cheers:

Sam

oh yeah, we know, were working on it slowly. to answer the questions here,

lowers are 2"x.25 DOM uppers are 1.5"x.25" DOM, RE joints on the axle end, rubber bushings on the frame end.

rear crossmember is NOT removable, front is, belly pan is completly bolt up

For what it's worth, I can't remove my transfer case or transmission without dropping my rear crossmember. I'm not sure where mine sits compared to yours, but I'd be happy to post some pics for you to compare if you want.

What changed between the two setups?

yes post some pics for sure, i love your set up, just cutting the floor isnt an option.

the difference is lowering the lower frame mounts 1" and raising the upper frame mounts 1".

but i lowered the upper axle mount some and pulled them forward, and i got 103% antisquat and the frame mounts where i wanted them, so i'm happy w/ that

we can pull the trans and tcase out as one w/o removing the rear skid, but thats probably because it sits 2" lower than yours

Kind of a crappy pic, but it's the only one I can find that shows the spacing of the crossmembers vs. the t-case.

under1.JPG

There's just no room to move the t-case up or back without dropping the rear crossmember out...and that's with the whole flat skid being dropped an inch from the frame rails. Not the most practical thing but it's one of the compromises I had to make to get everything flat and where I wanted it.

Your setup looks pretty neat, although the AS numbers look a little strong. We can typically get away with that here on the east coast because things are a bit more slippery, but on the dry western rock that tends to be more of an issue (tends to hop/jack more on climbing). Mine's at about 95% or so and I really wouldn't want it any higher than that, but I doubt a few percent will be noticeable. That's also going to depend a lot on the end user's CoG, lift height, etc so keep that in mind when publishing any specs on it.

Another thing to check is how the system you've designed reacts during travel...sometimes having the mounts close together at the frame like that can lead to a pretty big change in AS over the movement of the axle. I revised the 4-link calc to make that a little easier to play with...

http://pages.prodigy.net/dmacock/4BarLinkV3-1.1c (with travel updated).xls

4link.JPG

Give that a shot and see how it works out for ya. What do you have in mind for the axle side of things, and is that included in the kit? How about the upper/lower coil mounts?

wow that looks kinda complicated!
Anyways tealcherokee, I am a webmaster/designer at my job and I could have your site looking great in about 2 weeks in some of my spare time. i'd even do it for free for ya just to help ya out. PM me if you'd be interested at all.
Zan

Back