• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.88 and 33" tires

JEEPERCREEPER said:
Question..so what would you all do if it were a AX-15, 5 speed and 32" - 33" tires. driving 30-40% highway and 60-70% trails/rock. Sand trails, no or very little mud. No snow.

Stick with 4.10 if you find a great deal on a set of axles already geared to 4.10, which would be good. If you have to regear the axles you already have, then go 4.56, with that tire size 32-33 would be perfect.

Send me your Email if you want and I’ll send you a spreadsheet that will clear it right up, clear as mud. It will let you put 3 set ups side by side and graph the speed over RPM for each gear inall three set ups.

Thanks for all your replies

I think that I'm going to try 4.88 since I can get them for free. All I need is to pay for installation.

Joe

Weasel said:
To get stock ratio 3.55 you need:
31's ~ 3.90
33's ~ 4.18
35's ~ 4.43

All you are accounting for is radius and circumference and such. You also need to factor weight, rolling friction and so on. If you do a search, the folks that have been around a bit will suggest:

31=4.10
32-33=4.56s

Anything higher than those and you are looking at your D30 doing a little too much flexing, and damage causing.

Fergie

PS- DO A SEARCH AND READ THE OTHER POSTS. ThERE IS A WEALTH OF INFO HERE AND PEOPLE TO HELP!!

Back