• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.7L WJ throttle body adapter

I bought that quality kit and then bought an '02 WJ 4.7l intake manifold complete with 68mm TB w/ sensors for $25 shipped. I've first got to decide if I want to use the new/old Clifford header(2.5" stock single or chop and weld on a 3" collector) and install them at the same time or continue using the Borla.

Is the 4.7 TB a straight swap(w/adapter)? Connections, throttle cable, trans cable.. I always wondered about this swap.

The 4.7l TB's sensors plug right into the '97-01's harness(and maybe some late '96s). I have to solder in the chopped wj harness on my early 96.

very tempting.

I wonder how much work it would be to make it work on renix..

Isn't F&B a shop that re-bores existing 62mm TBs? Would you use a flap wheel on a drill to open your intake manifold? I'll look up F&B, I recall reading something about that here. All this would be cool if ones planning to put on an Edlebrock head too. Thinking about it, got the piggybank in + crosshairs .

Last edited:
Flap wheel on a drill press, faster-how else?.... F&B, Painless, BBK, new TBs seem to be priced similar to $400+. I'll take a day to use a drill press & flap wheel to open TB and manifold dia. to 68mm.

You asked about a BBK brand TB($$$), now your talking about opening up stock 4.7L V8 throttle body? Are you going to replace the throttle plate too? How do you plan keeping the bore concentric with a flap wheel?

Flap wheel on a drill press, faster-how else?.... F&B, Painless, BBK, new TBs seem to be priced similar to $400+. I'll take a day to use a drill press & flap wheel to open TB and manifold dia. to 68mm.

If you open a stock throttle body to 68mm you will have a tin foil throttle body if anything is left at all. IIRC the outside diameter of the stock throttle body is around 66-68mm at the narrowest. All of the aftermarket throttle bodies of that size are entirely new components machined from solid billet.

If you open a stock throttle body to 68mm you will have a tin foil throttle body if anything is left at all. IIRC the outside diameter of the stock throttle body is around 66-68mm at the narrowest. All of the aftermarket throttle bodies of that size are entirely new components machined from solid billet.

Agreed, stock to 68mm is no good. Aftermarket for ones application 4.7l is the better option. For opening an intake manifold or TB a flap wheel, as a wheel containing sand paper is round, i.e. honing is concentric. IMO a drill press and sanding flap wheel could be used for a DIY mod, as such.

Back