• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" superflex, 33's, custom tire carrier and camo tape job all just finished

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
RE 4.5" superflex, 33x12.50's, 15x8 3.75" BS steelies, camo tape, custom tire carrier, CB and 102" whip antenna, and camo seat covers and steering wheel cover. lockers and winch coming soon...
jeep2.jpg

postlift.jpg

jeep1.jpg

jeep3.jpg

tirecarrier.jpg

tirecarrier2.jpg

Re: 4.5" superflex, 33's, custom tire carrier and camo tape job all just finished

lightmount.jpg

inside2.jpg

inside1.jpg

Re: 4.5" superflex, 33's, custom tire carrier and camo tape job all just finished

thanks for the pics, doesnt look bad at all

So, your entire Jeep is covered in camo tape? I am reading things right?

Fergie

Like the camo tape. Kinda looks better than the camoclad, the pattern is'nt so repetitive. Gotta know, how many rolls did it take?

hackedxj said:
Like the camo tape. Kinda looks better than the camoclad, the pattern is'nt so repetitive. Gotta know, how many rolls did it take?

He said it was 15 rolls in another thread

its held up great so far....if it ever peels or fades or anything ill just peel it off and lay some more on there...ive seen it used on ATV's and it holds up good. yeah its 15 rolls. the only issue ive had so far is places that i didnt stick it down real good got water under it when it rained....so i had to peel it off and lay more down, tucking it under the window seals better.

olivedrabcj7 said:

makes a great depature angle...
i do like the through reciever idea - but i dont like adding 1' to the rear end of my vehicle.
what if you made the "2nd" reciever start as soon as the other one ended and had the upright pieces of the tire carrier attached to the sides of it?
does that make sense?

picture forum...

you were thinking something more like this right .cause thats what i was thinking i don't like that one bit
348tirecarrier1.jpg

yeah i agree it does hamper my departure angle. i had the same idea you guys just did about the way to redo it and i may do that.

Up until now I thought I had seen everything.

You're definitely thinking out of the box.

Cheers!

i like ur light on hood idea im using it, sorry if it angers u but it just seemed to easy to resist

DId ur spare tire carrier wiggle in ur receiver? mine has that problem and i dont know what to do to make it stay still while im driving

Wil Badger said:
you were thinking something more like this right .cause thats what i was thinking i don't like that one bit
348tirecarrier1.jpg

so you dont like the photochop version? or you dont like the origonal. and yes that is what i was thinking...

I made something similar for my receiver that carried my gas can and hi-lift jack. It killed my departure angle and I ended up having to remove all of it at the worst times, tossing it on the side of the trail doing the obstacle then reinstalling it only to repeat the whole process. I ended up scrapping the idea.
The tape job is...... Interesting.

the tape is well intresting lift looks good though

At the SEMA i saw a lot of things and also cars vovered with mossy oak. I did like it but i never found out how they cover wheels, bumpers and whole cars with that. I definitely was not a tape job. Someone knows how?

I hope that tape has better weather resistance than normal gray duct-tape. the gray stuff gets real crappy in about a year, and you can't "just peel it off" because it leaves all the sticky mess.

i know a guy with it on his ATV and its been on there for a couple years with no real problems. from what ive seen i think itll be okay.

Back