• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I ran 33's and 4.11"s for two years with an aw4. It sucked in every way.
I dont care what all the calculators tell you, they dont consider aerodynamics
or the rolling resistance involved with heavier taller tires.
Now I'm running 4.88's and actually get better fuel economy.
At highway speeds (75 all day long) my motor is under very little load.
If you plan on keeping 33's go 4.56.
If you're thinking about 35's in the future go 4.88's.
Dont waste your money on 4.11's.

YES!!! Reasoning, and good advice prevails!!!! This is what seperates us from JU......

MudDawg said:
YES!!! Reasoning, and good advice prevails!!!! This is what seperates us from JU......

Well not exactly... the original poster of this thread wanted to run 4.10's with 33's. I chimed in that I was gonna run 4.56's but I plan on a 35. I was being told to do 4.88's, and I considered it, but the smokin deal I got on my rear 4.56 last sunday sealed that deal.

Not really sure if the original poster of the thread followed the advice of 4.10 or 4.56 with his 33's, maybe I missed it somewhere in the middle of the thread.

i read somewhere on here that a guy actually got worse gas mileage with is 4.56 compared to his stock 3.55 on 33s. its little things like this that throws me into question.
pete m, i ride fast and know it. im just trying to help my problem the best i can.

redrider said:
does anyone know what my rpm's are going to be with 4.56 at 75 mph?
About 2600 with most 33's. All tires are different, some 33's are barely 32, some are closer to 33.5".

Anyway...2600 should be nice, motor won't be over-revving and won't be working too hard either.

Back