• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37" tire decision MTRs vs Creepy Crawlers

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
i currently run 35" MTRs with kevlar on 15" beadlock wheels. im running a rear dana 60 and front dana 44 and i am wanting to step up to 37s. i really like the mtrs but if i want to get 37s i would need 17" wheels and a DIY beadlock kit. on the other hand i do like the look of the maxxis creepy crawlers. they have a 37x12.50x15 size tire so i wouldnt need new wheels.

so my question is... from personal experience i would like to hear opinions from all of you who have ran these tires and help me decide which ones to get.

i wheel in washington so we have evrything. snow, mud, dirt, rock, everything...

i run and will continue to run the kevlars...

but that having been said...

creepies = the sex

/thread

im curious how they would do in washington. and they are cheaper than the mtrs...

I ran just that same tire,37x12,5x15 creepycrawler on my suburban a couple of years ago,and I must say they performed fantastic offroad,regardless of terrain.never ran them during the winter though(sold the truck)
on road however...they felt very "biasy"and the rears wore pretty quick,but as I said,offroad they were super.

well the only road time this will see is the occasional 2 mile drive to the gas station. soon it wont even be legal enough to do that

my favorite tire ever.

they ride and balance like a radial.

never had them flat spot or anything.

wore a little quicker than what i would hjave liked, but thats the price you pay for traction offroad.

No contest

creepy-crawlers.jpg

GOD I HATE HOW SLOW NAXJA GETS......... at 4 am :shhh:

Back