• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37 inch tires and backspacing

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry if this has been covered but i could not find it in the search. what back spacing works well with 37x12.50 tires? I am changing my wheels and when i do i mind as well go to a bigger tire. I am pretty clear how most people feel about 37s just curious what other people are running as back spacing.

I think i am going to need to add more, as i am at about 4 inches now, and i would like to be able to keep my turning radius.

width of the wheel? do you wheel a lot or see more street? what suspension? Does it have a bend in it to clear tire better or are they straight. Still on a d30 or different axle? How much are your fenders trimmed? Wheel spacers? stretched wb?
ETC ETC ETC

There are other variables.

Only straight up answer: test fit different sizes and see what woks for your set up....

jeep_9_13_13.jpg

Here is a picture, I have a rough Country 4.5 long arm kit up front with acos giving me about 5.5-6 inches in the front as well as about 4 inches of lift in the back. I am going to add a bit more lift shackle in the back as well as a maybe a .5-1" lift block/degree shim.

My jeep is mostly off road, i drive it to work every once in a while just to make sure nothing is going to fall off. I have a dana 30 although it is highly polished, I am going to convert it to 5x5.5 hence the reason i need new wheels. My fenders are trimmed decent, although i am about to hack into the rear sill to be able to stuff 37s. I prefer not to run wheel spacers and i am planning on ordering some beadlock wheels so I really wont be able to try a bunch of different combinations that is why i asked for opinions here.

cycle your current wheels, add an inch to them and see if it would still clear. if so keep the same BS.
If not see if BS would help or if a hammer/sawzall would be better lol,

My front end is 1" wider (waggy width).

15x8 wheels with 4.5" BS.

I rub the LCA's a little at full lock, but they fit fine.

Back