• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

36's on the 30

saybye

NAXJA Forum User
Wanted to share some of my findings with everyone while doing a little research. My blue 92 had almost brand new 33" bfg KM2's on it with black d window steelies. I got a extremely used set of stock jeep wheels and 36" TSL's from a buddy of mine. The 36's were in need of the grooving iron so after getting them grooved I decided to weigh the 33 compared to the 36. Mounted the 33 KM2 weighed 78lbs and the mounted but grooved 36 TSL weighed 77lbs. I was surprised.

This jeep is nothing special, 2" puck lift in the front, HD shackle relocation brackets with 2" shackles in the rear with the fenders trimmed and the stock flares moved up a little.

I do have a Spartan in the front and the rear is open. This is just a beer drinking wagon for now and hopefully it'll stay that way. Ill be the first one in the crowd to take the by pass but hopefully with a lighter than usual foot I can make this last lol

Here's some pics...

I started to say something motivational about how the D30 in the Red Rocket has so far survived 36's and my right foot, but then I just realized the only time I've wheeled with the TSLs, I brought the wrong front driveshaft and went 2LO the whole day.

Dougie has it right, it's finesse.

I started to say something motivational about how the D30 in the Red Rocket has so far survived 36's and my right foot, but then I just realized the only time I've wheeled with the TSLs, I brought the wrong front driveshaft and went 2LO the whole day.

Dougie has it right, it's finesse.

And at URE????

Friend of mine runs a Cherobuggy with 36"s on a 30.

he manages to break it nearly every time.

We broke the 10 bolt in the front of my MJ at Harlan this year...3 shafts...2 at the same time. D-30 is a time bomb with any tire...I think it's a good axle BUT...

I've seen D-30's hold up to 38's...I've seen D-30's break on 31's.

Carry spares and then run it till you're tired of breaking it. Then UPGRADE.

I'm still arguing with my self (and my piggy bank ) about putting in a D-60 or just putting chromos in the 10 bolt.

Yeah, and technically it was 3 of the 36s and one 35 because I ripped a sidewall getting off the trailer.

That was the trip I had the white stocker? That was a fun time!

Back