• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35X1250R15 tires on what back spacing?

ZachMan said:
Sounds like you need less lift. 35s on the RE 4.5" is perfect.

Yeah, a little less lift would be nice. What do you use for bump stops? Do you have any pictures you could post? I have the extended bump stops on the top and the supplied ones from RE (5.5") on the bottom, have trimmed a lot, use the bushwacker flares and still get into my front fenders at full flex.

I actually run wheel spacers right now on my 8" rims and want to get away from it (I have never had a problem with the wheel spacers running 4+ trails in Utah) because they are illegal in Utah.

On my old wrangler I did lose a bead on rocker knocker and flopped on my side with an 8" rim, but I think my air pressure was about 6 lbs. or so. The reason I am considering the 10" rims is that I have seen a few people running them on the trails and not noticed any problems....the wheel bearing/hub issue is something to be concerned about.......

Decisions!

You need 1" of bumpstop for evey 1" of lift is the usual rule. I have DPG bumpstop plates and a 4" bumpstop on the frme side, up front stock RE bumpstops + about 3" more.

I've always gone by the rule an extra 1/2" of bumpstop for every extra inch of tire diameter over stock.

ZachMan said:
You must be running fender flares, lol. 3" backspacing with 33s with cut fenders would look like a hoopty.

Actually I am flareless... running 35x12.50 on 15x8's with an actual lift height of 6.5" and lots of trimming.

sloop2314.jpg

Back