• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33-9.50-15 or 32-9.50-15?

Digger Franson

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 XJ with a 3" Rough Country suspension lift and currently have 31-10.50-15 BFG AT KO tires on black rock crawler 15x8 rims with, I think, 3.75 inch backspacing. I can't stop thinking about getting bigger tires but I don't want to do any extensive fender trimming. I definitely want 9.50's instead of 10.50's. So my question is this:

Could I get by with less or no fender trimming with SS TSL 32-9.50-15's?

Also I wanted your opinions on BFG AT KO's as opposed to Super Swamper TSL's.

I was also thinking of possibly going with 9.50's in the front and 10.50's in the rear. Let me know what you think about that too. Thanks alot!

i have the same rims, the same tires, and a 3" lift. Personally i can't run the tires i have and I have a fair amount of trimming
b0406c71.jpg
3143a615.jpg

with extended bumpstops you may be able to get away with it. I am just running stock stops. Really though why bother with a 32 the height difference is nominal if you want to keep skinny tires

just my 2cents

stay connected and bumpstops you could probably pull it off

Calm down and start saving your money. While you're doing that, you can decide what type of stuff you need for the type of use you put your Jeep to.

BFG ATs are great tires for daily driver use and weekend wheeling as long as the mud isn't too prevalent. Swampers are fantastic mud tires that work well in all kinds of terrain, but aren't what you want for good wear and decent manners on the road. The BFGs are radials and the Swampers you mention are bias ply tires. Each has its advantages - it's up to you to decide what you want and/or need.

The 32x9.50 Swampers are the same size in real life as my 33x10.50 BFG MTs. I have Rubicon Express 4.5 springs and some serious trimming to clear these tires - and even with extended bumpstops they still rub on the inner fenderwell at full stuff. I don't see any way you'd clear them with a 3 inch lift and uncut fenders.

Inchitis is a wonderful and evil thing. But hang in there and take your time. You'll be ok if you wheel, listen and learn.

showphoto.php

BFG no longer makes a 33x9.5 in an MT version, only AT...

however both are offeredin the 33x10.50.

I agree save and wait.

Why are you telling me to save and wait? I have the money and have been pondering this for over 2 years now. Don't talk to me like I'm some 16 year old kid. I've been coming to this forum since summer 2002.

Oh crap.. since summer of 2003.. Well then I am soooo sorry. I didn't realize that I was talk to the.. well ..the guys whose "been coming to this forum since summer 2002."

Why didn't you say that in the first part of you QUESTION?

Man, you have got all my respect. Again my apologies.

:looser: :bawl:

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Is it really that hard just to answer someone's questions without telling them when, how or why they should or shouldn't spend their frickin' money? What size and kind of tires do you have on your XJ, poppabear? Scratch that, I just checked out your site.

Back