• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 Members Of The NWC Are On A Timeout

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
As of this morning (May 15th, 2013)
Three of our members have been sentenced to a timeout for their involvement in recent events that caused a fair amount of drama and disrespect not only here in our chapter, but through the entire NAXJA Community as a whole.

LET IT BE KNOWN..... That even as President, I PERSONALLY DO NOT have the power to ban anyone or sentence timeouts.
This decision was made through national by a motion in the Board Of Directors.
To further explain why and how this has happened, below is the email I received from NAXJA's President this morning:

During the May 2013 meeting, the NAXJA BOD passed the following motion:

That we suspend the following members and users of for a period of 30 days and place them on a probationary period of 60 days following the suspension.
If they incur disciplinary actions or an infraction in the probationary period ...another vote on further suspension up and to including termination, will be taken by the BOD.
Also anyone listed that has moderation privileges will have them revoked and terminated for a period no less than two years.

NW-ZJ-SCOTT - (real name omitted)
GoldCobra - (real name omitted)
BPB - (real name omitted)

The suspension is the result of the faking of another members death on the forums that was premeditated by those involved based on the evidence presented to the BOD.

Reason: Violating the bylaws

Article V Section 4: Member Conduct
Members shall be bound by and shall act in accordance with these By-Laws, and such rules, regulations and standard procedures as the Board of Directors may adopt here-under from time to time.
Each Member shall conduct himself/herself in public in a respectable manner at all times, both during and outside of Corporation activities.
Public conduct which, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, reflects badly on the Corporation or the off-highway community shall constitute grounds for possible suspension or expulsion from the Corporation.

Based on the the result of this motion, the three people listed above will be suspended for 30 days and on probation for 60 days as outlined in the above motion.

This is effective immediately.

Matt 'macgyvr' Rowland
NAXJA president

I fully stand behind this decision, and support the actions of our BOD.
For a long time now there has been a fair amount of trolling, flaming, and complete lack of respect for not only the forum rules and bylaws, but also for the chapters reputation, and members as well.
I hope that those involved will see, that this club, forum, family, whatever you want to call it
.... is not some playground to exercise expressions of anarchy or to treat this as a place to do or say whatever you want.
There ARE Rules.
There ARE Bylaws,
These have been placed here by those who have founded this organization, and they should be respected.
Yes, often times we bend rules, and flirt with that line that has been drawn.....but too often that line has been crossed, and the NWC's reputation, NAXJA's reputation, and the Offroading Community's reputation is what has suffered the most.
I hope that today, that ends......
And that from this point on, we can move forward and start repairing this blemish that has been cast over NAXJA, and how the NWC is perceived.
I know many of you are on board with me on this.
And I know that there will be some that will protest.....
To them I say you have the right to do so..... but that it should be done in accordance with the rules, regulations and bylaws that have been established long before you were a member.
You agreed to these terms of use, and it is your own responsibility to ensure that you adhere to them.
We have seen what happens when the line is crossed..... I hope that this is a wake up call to those members who have misused this forum, and to those who wish to do so in the future.

I will open this thread for comment in 24 hours.

Last edited:
Re: 3 Members Of The NWC Have Been Banned

As promised, I have opened this thread for discussion or comment.

NOTE: I WILL HEAVILY MOD this thread if I see any bashing, flaming, trolling or dissing of any kind. (hate me for it, call me names, I dont care.)

This was an unfortunate string of bad decisions, and mistakes that led to a dark day in the NWC. I don't have anything against those involved personally, and I hope they decide to return to NAXJA after their suspension, having learned a lesson, and are able to keep from making the kinds of decisions that led to this happening in the first place during their probationary period and after.

Thankyou. im looking forward to rebuilding the club and chapter i have grown to love so much!

Bronze.

Thanks Jon,
I have gotten word over the last 36 hours or so, that several members have decided to leave NAXJA all together.
It really is a shame that some people would rather give up and abandon such an awesome club instead of trying to change their ways.
I wish them the best of luck in their ventures, and hope they find whatever it is they're looking for.
In the meantime, we will continue to move forward, and strive to make improvements where we can. :us:

Thanks Jon,
I have gotten word over the last 36 hours or so, that several members have decided to leave NAXJA all together.
It really is a shame that some people would rather give up and abandon such an awesome club instead of trying to change their ways.
I wish them the best of luck in their ventures, and hope they find whatever it is they're looking for.
In the meantime, we will continue to move forward, and strive to make improvements where we can. :us:

This is unfotunate, but maybe what the chapter needed. I don't know who has left nor do I really care, but if it is the ones that seem to always push the envelope than I hope they do find what they are looking for.

Good luck on rebuilding the NWC! Hopefully I can make it to NWF even if its for a night

I hate to see this happen but it needed to. You can only push the envelope so far for so long before it falls off the table. I look forward to these changes and look forward to a bigger and better NWC. :cool:

:rolleyes:

Time out, really? Kindergartners get time outs.

Suspended or suspension would be a more accurate discription.

X2
Banned is more like it.

They can't log in to there accts.

If they where locked out if the NWC (witch has happen to me)
Then I would agree with it being a time out.

But josh and Aaron really don't like it being called "banned" that's my the keep editing my posts..

Well that's mainly because its not a ban Nick, Lets call it what it is.....
their accounts are still active, and they are all more then welcome to come back once their time-out is over..... as you can clearly see, National has edited there title to say "on a time out"
So as much as you would like to blame Aaron and I for this, it's actually something set in place by the people who dealt the punishment.

Well that's mainly because its not a ban Nick, Lets call it what it is.....
their accounts are still active, and they are all more then welcome to come back once their time-out is over..... as you can clearly see, National has edited there title to say "on a time out"
So as much as you would like to blame Aaron and I for this, it's actually something set in place by the people who dealt the punishment.

National you say?
null_zps7538eab0.png

Weird cuz I was watching the thread when you where in it editing... Weird

See the time stamps and titles
null_zpse6a228a9.png

Stop Lying to the people

Last edited:
I haven't broken any rules and all my post getting deleted and edited

It's really quite simple nick.....
From the national rules in which you have agreed to obide by when activating your account:
"The basic rules for discussions on the Forums are simple: be polite, use common sense....etc"

Furthermore:

"Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.
Personal attacks directed toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated."

Now if you want Nick, I can start the warnings, infractions, and I think you can see where this might end up, but instead, I/we choose to edit and delete instead of throwing the book at you.

To date this is the third time the rules/bylaws have had to be quoted to you.

Where have I been rude to another member?

It's really quite simple nick.....
From the national rules in which you have agreed to obide by when activating your account:
"The basic rules for discussions on the Forums are simple: be polite, use common sense....etc"

Furthermore:

"Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.
Personal attacks directed toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated."

Now if you want Nick, I can start the warnings, infractions, and I think you can see where this might end up, but instead, I/we choose to edit and delete instead of throwing the book at you.

To date this is the third time the rules/bylaws have had to be quoted to you.

National you say?
Uh...yes Nick...it is National who has the power to suspend/ban...
It is national and only national who has the power/ability to change an accounts status or title. Not me.
So when you see "on a timeout" next to Darren, Scott, or Ben's user name...it was put there by national..... not me.
So yes Nick....I say national.
Again, I dont understand why this has to be spelled out to you or why you care so much about the status of someone else's account or the words that are displayed next to it.

:rolleyes: Whats you're point exactly?

Back