• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" Lift Plans - Christmas $$$

XJStorm said:
Well the 3.5" RE would go onto the XJ I'm gonna buy my wife in a couple months once the house issues settle down.

i was gonna say...you better settle down and not disturb your debt / income ratio. My mortgage lender gets pissy when i do.

Does your wife actually want and know about how big of a pain in the ass it will be to have a RE 3.5" lift on her daily driver?

I'm a 6 foot tall guy and I barely think it would be acceptable for a daily driver. (and I don't drive it everyday.) Most of the time when a girl gets in it's not really easy for her. Now I couldn't imagine doing it everyday in heels and a skirt. I can just here the bitching now.

Well my wife rarely wears heels and a skirt... also she is taller than I am and a 3.5" lift won't make it that bad... now if I was going to put a 5.5" on hers she'd be pissed hehe.

redsand187 said:
Does your wife actually want and know about how big of a pain in the ass it will be to have a RE 3.5" lift on her daily driver?

3.5" pain in the ass? I'm curious as to why you think this? I can understand a huge lift but 3.5 is very minimal. She will also be able to tag a long with him most places when he's running the 5.5".

redsand187 said:

I'm a 6 foot tall guy and I barely think it would be acceptable for a daily driver. (and I don't drive it everyday.) Most of the time when a girl gets in it's not really easy for her. Now I couldn't imagine doing it everyday in heels and a skirt. I can just here the bitching now.

Everyone has a opinion. My mother in law liked my xj with 4.5" lift and 33's that she bought one with a 3" lift and 31's as a daily driver. She wanted it slightly taller but was not practical to change everything to get the additional lift. She loved it as a daily driver and she is a grandma!!

Michael

Like I said I'm 6' tall. What I hate the most, is that you have to step up and over, and then down, the rocker to get in the Jeep. I mean for me, it's ok, I could live with it if it was my daily driver... Hell, I could live with pretty much any contraption that would drive down the road. But most women I know would not put up with it on a day to day basis. Maybe all the girls that I know are more prissy then the ones you guys know. :)

All I know is it is over 27 inches from the ground to the high point on my rocker that you must step over to get into my Jeep. I also saw damn near 5 full inches of lift from the RE 3.5" superflex. 27 Inches is a pretty high step no matter who you are.

Wonder if it was 5" due to slump from the old springs being replaced. Mmmm m u s t have lift...

The 5 inches is based on the factory measurement from the hub to the fender flair. My number may be a up to a half inch high, as I did raise the fender flair, but I accounted for the estimated raise. (3/4") I really don't have much of a way to know exactly how much I raised it, but I believe somewhere around 3/4 of an inch. Well, unless someone knows the distance from the seam in the fender to the top of the fender flair on a 90 Limited.

hey you might want to think about daystar pt#KJ09106BK budget boost that will get you off of your tires. If you need longer shocks you can go w/bar pin eliminators(for the rear)/shock stud extenders(for the front) I have the leaf pack w/aal in my garage(I swapped them out for R.E X.D rear springs)So if you wanted to check those out let me know.

xjoe said:
I have the leaf pack w/aal in my garage(I swapped them out for R.E X.D rear springs)So if you wanted to check those out let me know.

You have a stock xj leaf pack with AAL you want to sell?
Can you give me the details, I am very interested?

You can PM me also,
Thanks,
Michael

Back