• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 in lift question

afkelly

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Everyone

Just installed a 3 inch lift but it does'nt seem right. Replaced rear leaf springs, shocks, shackles and front coil springs.
The rear left is about an inch higher then the rear right side seems to be lop sided or something any advice

Thanks

What brand lift did you use? Did you get entirely new leaf packs or just add-a-leafs? How long have you had it on for?

Chris

Do they happen to be Old Man Emu springs? I know RR sells a lot of those.

Some spring companies (OME included) make the right side leaf spring slightly higher, to counter balance the "natural" torque action of the XJ. On mine, when I get on the gas, I can feel the body roll slightly to the right...

Loosen every bolt in the rear end (both ends of the leaf spring, and the shackle) one half turn, and then drive over some bumps fast. See if it levels out.

Sometimes if you tighten the bolts too much, or with the weight of the rig NOT on the leafs, one side (or both) will bind up.

After you've driven on it for a day, check to make sure the bolts are still snug, and then again a couple days later, etc.

Back