• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.07s and 33s

Nomercy

NAXJA Forum User
ive got a manual cherokee with 3.07 gears and a stock suspension. the rear is sagging pretty bad and after driving lifted wranglers i hate sitting so close to the road. im looking at the RC 3 inch lift. first will this even fit 33s or is it more like 31s or 32s? also how do you think stock gears would do with 33s or 32s? i dont wanna throw money at gears cause well im looking for a set of JK rubi 44s and long arm in the future. so no sense in spending to much money now.

My cherokee had the same gear ratio and manual tranny. 3.07s and 33 inch tires is probably not a good idea, I'm now running 3.55s with 30" tires. As for fitting the tires under a 3" lift, also probably not happening without some fender trimming. But thats just my opinion.

id pass...

i did 3.07s and 31s for along time and im not a fan of going slow. so i killed my gas milage beating on it. you dont really see the loss of power in low gear, but you can feal it in high gear for sure. i couldnt imagine 33s. doable, yes. ideal, no. wait for the 44s.

and youd need a ton of trimming. 31s and the RE 4.5" SF still rubbed like crazy without trimming.

id pass...

i did 3.07s and 31s for along time and im not a fan of going slow. so i killed my gas milage beating on it. you dont really see the loss of power in low gear, but you can feal it in high gear for sure. i couldnt imagine 33s. doable, yes. ideal, no. wait for the 44s.

and youd need a ton of trimming. 31s and the RE 4.5" SF still rubbed like crazy without trimming.

Same here, absolute dog with 3.07s and 31s. Changed to 3.73s and it is just fine.

I have 31x10.50x15s on stock wheels with 4.5 at the front and 5.5 at the rear, no trim. I can stuff them pretty good but they will rub a little.

3.07 gears and 33's are a non-starter. Go deeper, 3.73~4.10 to get the original ratio. Most folks will tell you to go with 4.56's.

Min if 5.5" lift with no-trim and tires which stay inside the wheel wells like 33X9.50's. Out side of that combo, plan on trimming or bump stopping to reduce uptravel. RevDen runs an interesting combo. He trimmed the snot out of it to keep the CG low.

Ron

For 33's I would definitely go 4.56's I guess 4.10s if you find axles geared cheap enough. If you did a LSx motor swap the 3.07s would probably be fine ;)

i have 31's on 3.07 and a 3.5" lift, I have no problem accelerating, my TJ was 4.10 with 32's and couldn't get above 55 which made for a loooong cross country dirve

How long will it be til you get the JK axles? If it'll be fairly soon, just wait til you get them to do the lift and tires. If it'll be a while, go with some smaller tires, like 31s until you're ready to do the JK axles.

Back