• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd MJ for the Crawl next year

NAXJA Forum User
We got our 11 yo son a 1/8 scale exceed max torque crawler for Christmas last year.

He brought it to the crawl this year but we didn't do much with it. I told him we'd get the XJ body for it but he said he wanted an MJ body...I didn't think they made one but sure enough he found one.

So here it is. Granted it's 1/10th so it doesn't quite fit right but I think it still looks pretty neat. Still have a bit of finish work to do on it (IE black flares and bumpers...after we trim them) but it turned out pretty decent.

Because of KP's:

Crawler2014_zps3dd0032c.jpg

I had to acquire an RC car. These things are more of a money pit than XJ's. Therfore, mine will stay in stock trim for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
Yeah as long as this one doesn't break it will remain stock. Calvin already wants boggers for it but this is an odd sized rig so it would require getting larger or smaller rims/tires for it. I've half talked him out of it for now!

I want one of those. How much do they run? Who makes them?

We got the cheaper 1/8 scale exceed mad torque. Ran $189 turn key.

The MJ body was $42 and you can get an XJ body for less than that. But those are 1/10 scale and fit the axial much better (89eliminator fits better than ours since our chassis is 1/8)

It's a good rig but you can tell out of the box what the weaker spots are...good thing is nearly all parts are upgradeable but I suspect the more $$ rigs have better parts availability.

Yeah, and the parts can be insanely expensive.

For example, a set of drive shafts for this RC car cost $75. That's crazy to me considering I can get a set of REAL drive shafts for $300.

Back