• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2017 trail run/trip discussion.

I live less than an hour away from Brown's Camp. I'm always up for a stroll over there even if it's just driving on the roads.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I live less than an hour away from Brown's Camp. I'm always up for a stroll over there even if it's just driving on the roads.

A few of us from my work will be heading out to browns camp here in a few weeks. Planning on lite duty offroading as most of us are noobs. It will be a couple of Chevy's and my Jeep. You are welcome to join us as it would be nice to show off the Jeep capabilities. They are waiting on me to get a little farther along with my build.

A few of us from my work will be heading out to browns camp here in a few weeks. Planning on lite duty offroading as most of us are noobs. It will be a couple of Chevy's and my Jeep. You are welcome to join us as it would be nice to show off the Jeep capabilities. They are waiting on me to get a little farther along with my build.
I'm totally down for that. My Jeep is very mildly built but we'll see what she can do.

Myself and a buddy would also be interested in a noob run and possibly a TSF run in March. I know I'd like to get more involved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I plan to go to NAXJA SierraFest 2017. They are running The Rubicon again this year. Do yourself a favor and make this trip if you can. It's a "bucket list" trip for certain. I plan to drive from Seattle to San Jose on Sat Aug 5th. It's a long drive (13 hrs) and we'll get a hotel room if needed. We can crash at my parent's house Sat night and Sun night, then leave for The Rubicon early on Monday. I plan to do both portions of the trip, it's fine if you can only do The Rubicon. But both sections are worth running - the Hermit Valley trails are awesome: Deer Valley and Slickrock trails are my 2 favorites.

From the Sierra Chapter: We will be running the Rubicon Trail Monday, August 7th through Wednesday August 9th. The second part of the event will be held at Hermit Valley Thursday, August 10th through Sunday August 13th. the BBQ and raffle will be held on Saturday night.

If you are interested, let me know.

We should have some runs coming up... Torxfest.

It is time for TORXfest, and I'm ready to wheel. I'm thinking about getting a trip planned for either 2/18 (be back in town for the M&G) or 2/25 if there's any interest. TSF sounds like fun. I don't think I've been there since OTC. Anyone know the snow conditions up there?

a saddle up work party should be coming up soon too.

about that.......

I'm thinking the work party will be late march to early april. basically between my qtrs for school. it will be on a saturday. I'm planning a dedicated work party....

I vote the 25th for TSF run. Might give it a little more time for snow to melt down and me alittle more time to get the Jeep ready.

We can switch it to the 25th for March and make it a noob run. Don't really want to beat the MJ. Make sure you take a look at the staging area for runs.

about that.......

I'm thinking the work party will be late march to early april. basically between my qtrs for school. it will be on a saturday. I'm planning a dedicated work party....

Once you get it nailed down put up an official thread and we can tie it into our social media groups.

Back