• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2005 Chicago Auto Show

85Chief

NAXJA Forum User
I imagine many of you have already seen this, but thought it was an interesting.
http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/default.aspx?s=chicago2005&src=News

Toyota FJ Cruiser
c452937a.jpg

2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab
c452898a.jpg

Dodge Nitro Concept
c452961a.jpg

Just a few of the cars there...

I went, I saw, and i got back with a flat from the dan ryan :(
It was a cool show, it was nice to see that they had all the cool exibits (all the european) on one side and the host of american cars on the other.

I would have to say that the charger looks better than i thought it would, but its still last years merc with a 300 body and a magnum front end.... oh but it has a HEMI!

The smart roadster was there... i want one SOOO badly!!
they had an M5 there as well (if you got nothing better to spend 80K on then thats your car!)

The shelby stuff was cool, the new cobra and the new cobra le mans coupe thing (sorry cant remember the name).

All the stang builders where there... but as always the charts said who it was but no numbers on hp (not even price!).

The z06 with the LS7 is still a corvette, but this ones a viper eater, with carbon fiber quarter panels!!

I think thats all that got my attention.....

Just got back a couple of hours ago...... Did you go on the Jeep test ride?

Bout the only ones I found that I would actually consider were;
Chevy Expess Van
Builck LaCrosse
Jeep LJ
Dodge Magnum Wagon
and
Chrysler Mini-Vans w/Sto-n-Go seating

I was horrified by the Dubs Edition '05 Grand Cherokee (Rolling on 24s) and Charger (nearly as bad!)
Didn't like the Dakota
Hated the Canyon
Puzzled by how little room the Malibu Maxx and Cobalt had (My Lebaron GTS and Shadow had more room inside!, and don't get me started on the Cobalt's trunk opening) for such new platforms.
Amazed by the number of other cars that have less legroom in the back than our XJ's
Suprised by how much leg room the Neon's have in the back
Made fun of the new Hummer H3 and the H2's with Dad (funny they had to bolt a H2 to a 45 degree ramp, Jeep took you over on in either an '05 Grand, Liberty, TJ Ruby, or LJ Ruby

Back