• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ with Commander Lights?

fireresq7

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever tried to mount Commander lights to their XJ? I read somewhere here that they are very similar in size and shape, and could probably be inserted with some minor work. Just wanted to see if anyone else has thought of this, or has actually done it? Here is a photoshopped rendition of what it could look like. It actually looks great IMO.
Thanks in advance,
~Rory

Jeep.jpg

there's a blue xj with them, let me see if i can find the pic.

Not sure, I know there are parts to make the Xj look like the Jeep 2500 from China. But I like this look because
1. It looks real good. A modern "factory" look.
and
2. It looks easier to accomplish, compared to the other mods.

I just came back from the mall and I just happen to park close to a Jeep Commander so I quickly pulled out my measuring tape from my tool "car" kit and measured the width of the Headlight and they're both roughly 9.5 inches. I didn't measure the length because I just felt a little weird standing in a parking lot measuring someone else's headlights. All I need now is the length, and most importantly the depth.

The reason for this post was just to see if anyone has done this already, and has info to share before I commit to purchasing Commander Headlights...So if you're out there....Let me know!
Thanks
~Rory

Not sure, I know there are parts to make the Xj look like the Jeep 2500 from China. But I like this look because
1. It looks real good. A modern "factory" look.
and
2. It looks easier to accomplish, compared to the other mods.

I just came back from the mall and I just happen to park close to a Jeep Commander so I quickly pulled out my measuring tape from my tool "car" kit and measured the width of the Headlight and they're both roughly 9.5 inches. I didn't measure the length because I just felt a little weird standing in a parking lot measuring someone else's headlights. All I need now is the length, and most importantly the depth.

The reason for this post was just to see if anyone has done this already, and has info to share before I commit to purchasing Commander Headlights...So if you're out there....Let me know!
Thanks
~Rory

Yeah a photo of the 'Bejiing XJ nose is on go-jeeps site in Australia...looks weird but different.:eyes:

Back