• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 xj missfire problem

Yeah, but the heat shields are key, so is having the memory re-flashed. DC really screwed this one up. I wish there was some way to super insulate the injectors and fuel rail to completely eliminate this problem. It must be spring in River City, XJs are over-heatin' all over the place!!

Fish'nCarz said:
Yeah, but the heat shields are key, so is having the memory re-flashed. DC really screwed this one up. I wish there was some way to super insulate the injectors and fuel rail to completely eliminate this problem. It must be spring in River City, XJs are over-heatin' all over the place!!

Thermal wrap. I'm going to be doing this myself in a couple of weeks, since my debris shield has pretty much rotted away.

great info guys, this helps me a lot. I had the same issue, and I figured it was just bad gas. I had to disconnect the battery to get rid of the check light on the dash. It only happened once, but I better follow through with the dealer to rid it of future issues. Thanks again

not sure if it helps but ive had these same problems and still do . first i replaced the plugs ok for a week then problems again so next was the coil rail and it ran great for three weeks now cylinder three misfire ive got no choice the dealers are retarded and there is no way im taking it to them gonna try isolating the fuel rail from heat and a lower stat by the way what is a tsb?

Are any of you guys losing coolant in addition to the misfire problem? I am having the same misfire problem (but scan say's it's on #6 cyl). I changed the plugs which helped for a while but the problem keeps happening. I know the '99 and up heads are notorious for cracking between the #3 and 4 cylinder, could a little coolant be leaking into the combustion chamber causing the misfire? Or could a head gasket on it's way out cause the misfire? More questions than answers, sorry.

rumrunner110 said:
Are any of you guys losing coolant in addition to the misfire problem? I am having the same misfire problem (but scan say's it's on #6 cyl). I changed the plugs which helped for a while but the problem keeps happening. I know the '99 and up heads are notorious for cracking between the #3 and 4 cylinder, could a little coolant be leaking into the combustion chamber causing the misfire? Or could a head gasket on it's way out cause the misfire? More questions than answers, sorry.

If you are loosing coolant, you have a crack in your head.

Back