• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ - Built

xjrbw

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys - a couple weeks back I posted to trade for a WJ. Well I got one and it's time to sell my XJ. I have it posted on craigslist for $6900, but I can't afford to sit on it. I'm moving into a place that only has parking for one vehicle and I'm leaving the country for most of March. Long story short, I need to sell now.

For one of you guys, I'll sell it for $6000 as is. $6,200 if you want me to have the windshield replaced. Sorry, I just can't afford to put any more into this thing without compensation. I bought it two years ago for $8200 and have done maintenance and more upgrades since then.
Here's a link:
http://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/1609137466.html

think so? in my opinion $1500 over blue book isn't bad for $4000 in parts already installed. to me, it was worth it to buy something already built, letting someone else pay the retail price on the parts and do the work to install. surely there is someone out there who would like to save $2500?

but maybe you're right, NAXJA is a more mechanically capable crowd wants to buy cheap stock rigs and do budget builds on their own?

You always have to remember, when adding aftermarket parts, you will more than likely not see a return on them, especially on a 10 year old vehicle. It's sad but it's the truth.

Good luck though.

Personally, I believe that's a very good deal. It's an '01 with relatively low mileage (95K) and if the body is in good shape, interior in good shape, with no mechanical defects (motor noise/head gasket, slipping trans, or the like) then yeah....... smokin' deal.

Do some looking around - you can't get into a clean, low mile '01 at the used car lots for under $7K, most are asking $8-$9K and you have taxes and fees on top of that...... and you don't see those jeeps sitting on Craigslist for months at a time.

Yeah, it's a tough market right now, but I think that rig is very appropriately priced to sell.

Plus, it's a good time to sell with tax returns and all...... :thumbup:

ya thats a good deal. I think it would sell in a heartbeat if you had anything lower than stock 3.55 in it and a locker. Bump for a great deal

Back