• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 wrangler help.. I know SMH..

JMOliver

NAXJA Forum User
I figured NAXJA could help with this!

I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler with 4.0 and 5 spd. Jeep has coil packs,

Ok here's what I need help figuring out, jeep will start up and idle and when it gets warmed up it will drop to appropriate rpms. At this point it has just a tad of a miss thats not even noticeable about, if you tap the gas it will almost die. Sometimes it does and is hard to start.

Beyond that here's what else it is doing, when driving in gears 1-3 it will buck badly when gas pedal is applied more than 1/4 - 1/2 throttle. I have noticed in gears 4-5 and reverse that this thing drives normal with no problems,

Any suggestions?

What I have done so far!
1. Checked fuel psi. (47psi)
2. Completely cleaned throttle body
3. New TPS sensor
4. Scanned with good computer - no codes
5. Changed oil - just because.
6. Sea foamed fuel tank
7. Tried MAP sensor off my 99 XJ

Thanks!
JMOliver

"Other Tech" I believe the category is for this, being Non-XJ and all.

Regardless...

I don't change parts until I have to. Throwing parts at things is something a Dealer would do.

Warm or Cold? Or Both?

Did you check your vacuum?
Compression?
Plugs?
How old is the CAT (is it plugged?)?
Have you looked at the IAC valve to make sure it works smoothly? (normally this just causes idle stumble/die).

If you hold it at part throttle and it "bucks" does it eventually throw a code?

Ron

That's kind of strange. Most engines throw a code now and again. IIRC it takes 3 to turn on the CEL.

Take a look at the other items also :)

Back