• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 fuel injector upgrade?

No, you still fail to understand.

[*]The 87-90 stock xj group uses 39 psi @ 18.6 lb\hr. That is why they use this upgrade.
87-90 DO NOT use these injectors as an upgrade. The plug is different. They are not used on those years. Also, what does your subject say? It says 2001. Why would I offer these to you if I didn't think they would work?

[*]He then states, "22# on the Jeep 49 psi rail."
Higher PSI = more lb/hr

[*]The 00-01 stock xj group uses 49 psi's at 22.5 lb\hr.

You really think that .5 lb.hr is going to make that much difference? I'm sure you also knew that it runs rich after 3000 RPM in WOT with the stock injectors right?

And I almost forgot. Nominated

Gezz Talyn relax....way to hostile dude.

Using the following formula:
(sq. rt. (new psi/old psi ) x old lb\hr = new lb\hr)
An injector (like your ford) running at 19 lb\hr @ 39 psi....when run at 49 psi's results in 21.2 lb\hr. That happens to be about a pound and a half leaner then stock.

I know what I'm talking about and I know what I'm looking for.
I was just looking to get opinions and results on what others have tried....not a sales pitch for your injectors. I did not enjoy my thread being hyjacked by your sales pitch. I was only asking for info. I wanted to educate myself as to the results others have had so that I could decide for myself what fuel injectors I want to purchase.

It's time to chill and get on with the thread.

Tayln,

Would you like to share your opinion on the results you had with your fuel injector swap?

Last edited:
Would you like to share your opinion on the results you had with your fuel injector swap?

No. You get nothing. I'm done wasting my time on you.

I don't give a crap if you buy injectors from me or not. I offered you a deal and you just bitched about it. These are the injectors that people use to upgrade on the 99+ XJ. Period.

Have a nice day.

Several people have posted to be careful with the Ford 5.0 injectors. Some have posted, "The fords turned out to be a low impedance and produced a flow fault in the computer."
I'm going to talk to a friend at a Ford dealer for more details and post here.

Does anybody have some Ford part numbers that they have used and how they worked?

Here are some but not all the Ford injectors #'s that XJers are using for the 99+ years. If you run them, how did they turn out?

yr32-9f593-ab

1f2z-9f593-ba

xf2e-ckb-9f593-212

fote-9f593-d9b

Lots of options to look at. I hope we can discuss the pro's and con's of a couple different injectors.
Please feel free to chime in.

Thank you

you don't HAVE to buy the correct injectors for you year, you can use adapters to run the older style

i am running these http://www.compperformancegroupstor...ct_Code=170603_1_8&Category_Code=HarnesesConn

to adapt my '99 to run these:
http://precisionautoinjectors.com/product.sc?categoryId=2&productId=5

in my stroker

Tomcat, You Rock!

Great site! I knew that their was a setup so....people with, lets say an 87-90 xj could run the newer....lets say, ford injectors...but some people on here did not believe me.

That is great info. This thread is starting to be a great collection point for injector info.

I assume they run good? Did you feel an improvement? Quicker response? How did your mpg react?

Thank you

The guys at the ford dealer let me have some 19 lb fuel injectors that came out of a mustang that was getting a new set. They look almost exactly like ours, except the end that goes into the fuel rail is not as long. I installed them and they fit, but they do not set all the way in. You need to pull them out a little to get the clip to snap. I'm a little concerned....you know.....the whole 49psi fuel rail and a fuel injector that is not built to seat all the way in thing.....hot manifold right below....what could go wrong with that...hmm...I might get these professionaly cleaned and run these to see how they do.....

Anybody else got any luck?

I just called Performance Auto Injectors and ordered a set of rebuilt and flow matched injectors and he advised which ones to get, too. 90 4.0 runs way better with the improved spray pattern. No guesswork on my part. He informed me that larger injectors aren't always an improvement because in closed loop the computer is gonna trim them back to maintain the proper air/fuel ratio anyway. But, on some of the older vehicles, the computer can't trim larger injectors back enough to maintain a good idle. By changing to the different style injectors, my Jeep feels like it had a bit of a performance mot, based on the old butt dyno.

Back