• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Comanche R/T

Why the fawk would you want a servo for the blend door?

Aren't those things known for failing?
it's the blend door itself that is known for failing IIRC.

My 98 has the cable actuated version and it is the bane of my existence. Been stuck at like 1/4 heat, 3/4 vent since a few months after I got it, and nothing will budge it. Give me a servo I can unbolt and fix on the bench any day of the week.

That's the vacuum operated doors that control airflow, not the blend door.

The blend door controls temperature. The actual servo failed multiple times on our '95 grand marquis. XXXXing annoyjng as hell.

It's not vacuum operated, that's the door that selects which vents the air actually comes out of. The blend door is cable or servo driven, at least on mine, because you physically can't turn the temperature adjustment knob more than a tiny bit.

Collected more parts for this today. Finally got a late-model shifter boot (clips right into the 97+ center console), late-model clutch/brake pedal assembly w/ master+slave cylinders and clutch safety switch, a 5.9L 98 ZJ ECU (not sure I'll use it, but I got a good price on it... worst case I will flip it on ebay), and some assorted wiring harness stuff I needed.

Now I just hope that I can find a way to make the NV4500 shifter tower line up with the center console opening. I need to do some measurements and see how far off it is.

Still need to line up a 97+ interior donor and a set of 97+ front fenders. Got lucky last week and picked up a 97+ header panel, loaded, for like 60 bucks.

i always thought it would be kinda fun to take a plc and build my own fuel injection setup for a car. obviously it'd be a little labor and time intensive trying to tune the thing, but i always figured all the sensors would work fairly well, and you could pick and choose what you wanted.

a PLC? That's not really the right tool for the job, but OK. I'd probably start with MegaSquirt... I have considered reverse engineering the OBD2 style Chrysler ECUs and writing my own firmware but it'd take an awful long time for what I'd get out of it. All they have in em is a motorola 68k, some RAM, some EEPROM (intel 28fxxx series), and a bunch of proprietary part numbered peripherals.

A few things.

I made it run on its own power and move around the yard again. It now has new brake lines and a new gas tank. Suck on that, haters :moon:

I sold off all the parts I didn't need from the donor truck. In a fit of sanity, that also included the rear D60-ISU and the shittiest front 60 anyone has ever laid eyes on. I've got some things in the works for the front axle and the rear will likely be a narrow track / DRW / cab and chassis 14 bolt, because I want the tires to be mostly inside the fenders and can get one cheap. I don't need ground clearance here, so don't bother arguing about it.

I'm down to $270 spent on my 5.9, ECU, NV4500, NP241DLD, after scrapping and selling the rest of the truck, and I still have a full set of dodge headlights and taillights to sell off. Not that they're selling.

Front axle build involves spindles, hubs, rotors, and calipers/caliper brackets off an early 90s Dodge kingpin 60. Past that I'm still nerding it up in my CAD app, but a lot of people will tell me 1. it's stupid 2. I won't ever finish it and 3. it's stupid, so I'm not saying another word till I either abandon it or finish it.

Go part out some of your own projects buddy :moon::moon::moon::moon:

I never finish anyth

I got 99 problems...

... no, really, I do. But fortunately I think I have the parts to fix 49 of them sitting in the kitchen.

A ginpole/A-frame/crane. I got tired of dragging heavy shit around the yard by hand.

Need to pick up a dana 60, carry it across the yard, up the driveway ramp, and load it into a jacked up fullsize truck? No problem.
812696_671479158512_92458817_n.jpg

Or how about loading a thousand pounds of 5.9L, NV4500, and NP241DLD into the back of a military truck? Again, no problem.

I have about $100-150 into the A-frame and a harbor freight chainfall hoist and have hauled more stuff around the yard than I can even remember. It sure made an engine replacement in the 98 XJ easy, too, I just threw the MJ in 4Lo, hoisted the old engine up about 4 feet, backed up, dropped the junk engine on the other side of the yard, hoisted up the new engine, and dropped it in... it's like owning an all-terrain motorized engine hoist that will lift things 6-8 feet in the air.

Back