• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Unknown Connector

PwrRngr

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, long story short I was given a 2000 XJ from a buddy. It had been sitting for 5 years with the engine pulled waiting to be turned into a 4.6 stroker. I have the engine bay mostly assembled. I found a connector and I don't know where it goes, can anyone help? See link to picture below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z3...NjRkiX69o9uRJy

This is a picture of the passenger side between the battery and the fender. In the picture, the front of the vehicle is to the right. Ignore the blue cable, that's wiring for extra lights. It's not the battery temperature connector, that's already connected. Anyone know where this goes?

I don't have any of the headlights or front end put on. But I looked over those items and didn't see the mating connector.

Looks like the connector to cruise control actuator which I’m pretty sure is on the passenger side in an XJ. Even if you don’t have cruise control the wiring could still be there.

Should be cruise control. Surprised it doesn't have a blockoff cap on it, like they did from the factory if not equipped.

If it was further back toward the firewall I would guess leak detection pump assembly.

I would have preferred another picture backed out to help give more precise location but....

My 2001 has a black body connector for cruise control in that area. (aft of the battery, forward of the relay/fuse box, inboard of the fender)

There is another gray body connector lower toward the ground and further inboard that goes into the relay/fuse box (I think).

If your connector has a black body I'd say 96% chance it's cruise control.

Back