• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Fullwidth build

ATLSRT8

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this 2000 XJ about a year and a half ago with 112k miles and for stupid cheap. It came with 8" rustys long arm, 35s, roof rack, front winch bumper with winch, and that's about the extent of it. Here is what it looked like when I brought it home
build.jpg

It had a nasty sagging headliner, so that got replaced
build5.jpg

Had a good bit of deep scrtaches and surface rust in the paint so decided to do a bedliner 2-tone

build2.jpg
added a new 10,000lbs promark winch and new warn wireless fogs
Added warn rock sliders and jcr stage one rear bumper with tail light boxes
build9.jpg

build10.jpg

Then decided to step it up a notch

Here is what's on the list: one tons D70 w/ disc conversion rear and D60 front, four link rear, 38s, coilovers blah blah

I bought a 35 outer kit for the D60, and the D70 is 35 spline with a detroit and disc swap.

axels-1.jpg

tires.jpg

Centering up front axel
a6890e1d-497e-34d4.jpg

Got a few more goodies in the past few weeks.
Blue Torch Fab HD D60 High Steer kit
edc43708.jpg

Ruff Stuff Panhard bar kit
a10a162b.jpg

Also got all my DOM tubing for my uppers and lowers on my rear 4 link and hoops for coilovers.
Also order 4 14" FOA coilovers 2 weeks ago, just waiting for them to come in

Ran into a little problem when centering the axels. I bought the axels as a pair, but the rear D70 was already disassembled to put the rear disc conversion on. Once everything was re-built and tires on the axels, we find out that rear axel is a narrower axel.
739564dd.jpg

30bbd676.jpg

I don't have cash to drop on a new axel, so the fix right now is to run the stock H1s in the front and some back spaced wheels in the rear.
I ordered these TrailWorthy Fab re-centered H1s and bought some rock rings while I was at it.
7bdbe2d2.jpg

5aa055ee.jpg

This build will be slow, I work 60 hrs a week and only get every other weekend off. This is my first build ever and I have buddies helping me. This could end up on pirates ghetto fab/hack job thread for all I know, but I am enjoying messing around and hanging out with my friends

I like it.

What width were you shooting for in the rear?

There is usually a full width D70, 10.25, 14 bolt at pull-apart for $130 ish

NM I'm brain dead!

Last edited:
How did you like the warn rock sliders? How do they hold up? Just got a set but unsure about using them??

I have them on my baby Jeep. They serve the purpose. If you're doing hard wheeling where you're going to be coming down on them extra hard then I'd find a different type of slider.

Back