• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 AC questions

When the clutch kicks out, I'm finding I can often rev the engine and get it to kick back in. In my train of thought, that temporarily alters three things: current (minutely), drive belt speed and vacuum.

Is there anything on a vacuum that is able to cut off the compressor?

I figured out why the blower is being finicky.

burntplug1.jpg

burntplug2.jpg

This is the plug that goes into the back of the blower motor resistor. I haven't read of anybody else having this problem. Of course, it happens to me.

A previous owner at some point faked a repair on this. I don't think it was the guy I bought the Jeep from. He was a gearhead and did things right. He bought it from a dealer though, and this definitely looks like a short term fix a used car dealer would use.

Speaking of dealers, the MSRP on the little piece of wire this plug is on is $103. I'm going to the junk yard in a day or two.

While you are there, you might want to pick up a resistor too, for your spare parts. Check the thermal fuse for continuity and visual the coils for heat damage. You can probably get it for almost the same price as the plug.

Back