• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 xj sbc

Sometimes simpler is better. Mine also has a carb and I like it.

Where'd ya get that front bumper?

I built my bumper at work I'm thinking of giving it to my dad for his Jeep and get rid of the boxy one that's someone put on his and I wanna build a new one with winch mount ;)

I would argue that fuel injection is actually simpler than carburetion. That's just based on my personal experiences between the two. FWIW

for once i'll agree with you. Holley even makes a self learning stand alone fuel injection setup now too. can't get much easier than that, just plug it in hit a couple of buttons and it tunes itself to your engine.

I can see how that would be a good thing. But the price difference is a killer for lots of people. $1000+ vs $300+ makes one seriously weigh the benefits vs cost of it. If I had the budget for it, I would go for it on mine. But I don't, so the carb stays. I don't do a lot of wheeling (mine's mostly a DD) but if the carb becomes an issue off road, I'll take a serious look at saving for one of those.

did you get the factory dash to work with the swap? or did you have to make your own dash panel gauges?

Well its been awhile since ive posted any updates on the jeep ive finally remembered my password to get back on here.

got rid of the thornbirds and picked up some 34s superswampers for a steal of a deal

Also got my digital gauges done turned out real nice i think

the dash is bright this pic was before i got the dimmer hooked up i just noticed i dont have pics of the dash in the daylight on my computer but can get some soon

Back