• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1995 Jeep Cherokee for Sale in PA & MD

Rick Anderson

NAXJA Forum User
1995 Jeep Cherokee for Sale
RWD, 2.5L I4, AX-5 5spd Manual
4Dr, Red Paint, Steel Wheels, Roof Rack, Air Conditioning
250,000+ Miles
Purchased and fixed up to be a reliable vehicle in 2006. Well cared for and good upkeep since then.
Registered and passed inspection.
My daughter drove it while in College and has just bought her first car.
The vehicle is currently located in State College, PA (Central PA)
But I will be moving it back to my home in Lusby, MD (Southern MD)
PM me if you're interested.

Can't figure out how to upload pictures to this thread.
I was thinking $1500, of course if I get now offers, I start to go down from there. I'll wait for it to make a round on Craigslist before dropping lower.

B4OVB0.jpg

jNfqEN.jpg

When I purchased it in '06 I had to cut out a lot of rust out of the floor and weld in new metal, it was only sheetmetal, no subframe or structural pieces. Did it right, sealed it, painted it, lots of undercoating. Done touch up on the underbody over the years with Rusteoleum Rusty Metal Primer, the stuff really works, and undercoating over it.

The only body damage/accident, a couple years ago Ice slide off the roof of my daughters apartment and landing on the roof, NOT bad damage, but a body shop had to straighten out the roof. The roof looks brand new, but just recently a tiny crack in the putty developed and flaked off (size of a dime) with some surface rust under it, looks like a touch up job.

There is a tiny depression dent, no paint damage, just behind the front driverside turn signal. I haven't bothered to remove the PCM to get behind it and pop it back out. Its minor enough you can't notice in the photos.

The sun has finally taken its toll on the paint, the hood has the clear coat starting come off, but the color underneath is still good, so it should be an easy repair. The rest of paint is in great shape.

Oh, I should note, since I am NOT located with the car, these photos are NOT recent, but they are representative of the vehicle, probably no more than 2 years old. The hood that has the clear coat damage, you have to be close to notice, but at the same distance in the above photos, it might NOT be as shiny.

Oh, the steel wheels, I repainted them in 2006, but the rust keeps creeping back, I buff it out, but the paint fades as well. In the photos I had just buffed out the rust again, to be honest if you see it today the wheels don't look as good as the photo.

Last edited:
Why do you have to be so far away! This is just what I'm lookin g for...any rust on it?
In a few weeks, if I don't sell it in Central PA, I'll be moving it back to Southern MD to try to sell if from my home. I'll be traveling through Lancaster on I-83 to Baltimore, NOT real close to Southern Jersey, but closer.

Fresh Pictures, just taken today!
My Daughter checked the odometer, 280,595 miles.
NXewzs.jpg

QanztI.jpg

swgRUl.jpg

cjhd2R.jpg

LG5H0e.jpg

Ok, I listed the minor problems, and they are so minor, you can't even see them in the photos.
Well you can see the steel wheels, light surface rust keeps creeping out of the recesses and covering the wheel paint. You can scotch brite the light surface rust off, they are silver underneath, but to be honest probably NOT as bright silver as the earlier photo I posted above.
-The windshield is cracked, depending on you state laws you might be able to live with it or need to replace it, I got a quote for less $200 to do it.
-A shallow dent just behind the Front Driver's side marker, no paint damage, you have to look close in the photo to even notice.
-The clear coat has minor damage on the hood, you can't even tell in the photos, up close you can see it, but the base coat is still good, so an easy repair if you want to fix it.
-The roof has some minor body work from an Ice Sheet falling on it several years ago, there is a dime sized spot of chipped away putty and a crack extending from it for 2 inches on the roof, with some surface rust under it.

The underside has no appreciable rust, rust damaged was repaired properly with new metal when I purchased it in 2006, since then I have treated and undercoated any rust I found.

The vehicle has had good upkeep, any problems were repaired/replaced and NOT lived with. Recently it has had a new O2 Sensor, Exhaust, Clutch, Alternator and all Vacuum Hoses replaced with new hose (universal vacuum hose) and yes the motor functions properly, no codes the hoses were done correctly.

Last edited:
I've listed it on Craigslist for State College, PA.

As a funny note, I had someone contact me stated he was very, very interested in it. Just to make sure I would NOT be wasting my time, repeated what was repeated twice in the ad. "You understand this is a RWD version, and the Windshield is cracked".

In return I get, "RWD yes, but its still 4X4 right? And since the windshield is cracked will you take off $500" Ughhhh, this private selling is going to drive me up the wall.

It will be in PA another week or two if someone doesn't buy it, then I'll move it down to Southern Maryland, anyone in the Harrisburg/Lancaster Area of PA or Baltimore Area of MD, I will be traveling through there, let me know if you're interested.

Sold!

Was up for sale for 3 weeks in central PA, no bites.
I bring it down to Southern Maryland, put it on a lot with for sale sign at an Air Station I work at, and it was sold within 24 hours.

Back