• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 Cherokee Prerunner Feeler

Uglygreenxj

NAXJA Forum User
Well, we arent' able to get to the dunes as much as we'd like and I'm getting the itch to go rockcrawling and even though it works great, I can't bring myself to thrash my cherokee in the rocks so I'm thinking about selling it and building a rockcrawler. Anyway, here's what it's got:

Drivetrain:

Stock 4.0HO with 180,000 miles on it
Flowkooler highflow water pump
Banks stainless header
Flowmaster muffler & high flow cat.
Intake with Trueflow foam filter
stock auto trans.
Large RV sized tranny cooler up front.
Np231 with Advance Adapters SYE
Custom front and rear driveshafts from Precision Driveline
Front high pinion Dana 30 trussed w/upper johnny joints & Currie mount
& 4.56 gears and poison spider rock ring
Rear Dana44 trussed with spool, disc brakes, Poison spider rock ring Traction bar mount
PSC steering box

Suspension:

RE 5.5" lift coils
Deaver sportsman leaf packs
Boomerang shackles
Custom crossmember w/shortened (about 3") RE TJ long arms
Bilstein 7100's with resevoirs all around
Bilstein hydraulic bumpstops all around
Adjustable limit straps up front
Currie antirock up front
Track bar mount moved up front axle
Currie full heavy duty steering system

Body & misc.

It is caged from the front bumper to the rear and tied in at 12 points
There are no rear windows or a rear hatch, the cage runs out the back and ties into the rear bumper with the spare halfway out.
JAZ 22 gal fuel cell recessed half way through floor in rear
Remote fuel filler mounted in left rear window in alum. panel
Renegade seats with Crowe 5 point harnesses in front
Removable steering wheel
Aluminum dash with Autometer gauges
Lowrance Baja 540 GPS unit
Uniden CB
Hella air horns
Six Lightforce Striker 170 lights, 5 roof mounted in lightbar, 1 rear w/amber filter
Fiberglass front fenders (not painted)
New American Racing Outlaw II aluminum rims w/BFG 33"x12.50" r15 tires including spare mounted to cage.
Lighted Buggy Whip
Steel tail light housings w/LED lights
Stainless braided brake lines and adjustable Prop. valve for rear.
Optima red top battery
Custom bumpers front and rear w/shackle mounts and 2" reciever in rear.

I'm sure I"m forgetting something.
There is no carpet, no heater, and no A/C.
I had not yet gotten around to wiring up all of the gauges so only the temp gauge is hooked up right now.
Paint is in fair cond.

I have a set of five black steel rockcrawler wheels that will go with it, and also a set of rocksliders that will go with it too.

I've got receipts for everything I've ever bought for it. Anyway, If anyone is seriously interested, pm me and I'll send some photos. I'm thinking $9000 obo and I'll go $8000 obo without the lights or GPS unit.

Thanks,

Dave

xj151 said:
Here's a link to my webshots album. There are a lot of pictures of the build in there. Not sure if there's a current shot with the new wheels and tires on it. I forgot to add that the rear fender openings are trimmed up past the pinch seam and welded back together also. I won't lie, it needs a paint job! He,he.

Are you going to build an XJ or something else? If you are building an XJ I would just keep yours as you have a ton invested in it and you just be buying parts all over again. Sell off some of the prerunner stuff and take that $ and buy stuff for crawling.

Nope, I found a deal on a Toyota fj40 that I can't pass up. Already got a sbc 350 and auto in it. It's going to be minimal lift and 37's with lots of tubework.
The cherokee works really well in the rocks now, it's really balanced how it's set up. With all the work I've done to it, I can't get myself to go use it with absolute disregard for sheetmetal.

hellbilly04 said:
VERY nice fab work & have not seen too many XJ's done that well. Good luck on the sale someone will be stoked on it!

Thank you! The fabbing is half the fun!

Back