• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Modded Jeep XJ for Sale - $3,750

Ntocamping

NAXJA Forum User
I think it is finally time to let my jeep go. I have not 4 wheeled in 4 years and rarely drive this now. However, it still runs good and I just drove it about 1200 miles in November back and forth to my hunting camp.

Here are some specs:

223k miles
4.0L
Laredo edition
Navy blue with gray cladding on the bottom and gray cloth interior
Sport seats that tilt
Am/fm/cd radio
Factory transmission switch to hold gears longer
Manual windows and doors

MODS:

1). 8" suspension lift. Big Johns rear springs with no blocks. Axle shimmed. Skyjacker 6" coils with spacers
2). Dana 44 rear with power trax locker
3) Upgraded Dana 30 with 1 piece axle shaft and ARB locker and 297 ujoints
4). Tom Woods slip yoke eliminator
5). Rubicon Express contol arms
6). Upgraded HD track bar and tie rod with drop pitman arm
7). Transmission and transfer case skid as well as front and rear axle skid plate
8). Gas tank skid plate(factory)
9). 4.56 gears
10). BFG Mud Terrain 35x12.50 with plenty of tread left
11) American Racing black rims
12). CUSTOM EXTERIOR ROLL CAGE (removable) and built out of 1.5" DOM
13). Protofab winch front bumper with Warn xd9000i winch
14). Hellas light on front bumper and mounted to top of roll cage
15). Surco roof rack with spare mounted on top
16). Custom made rocker guards
17). Extended stainless steel brake lines
18). JKS Generation II front sway bar disconnects
19). Rustys shocks
20). Rear shock perches removed and shocks mounted to axle to give more clearance
21) Radio Shack CB with Ugly Stick Antenna
22). Front doors are removable and I have tube style doors that I will sell as well

Both rear door are dented but open and close fine. All windows roll up and down. All brakes replaced about 3k miles ago. New battery.

This is a great trail jeep and is ready to go. I would not use it as a DD but there are no issues driving it on the street or highway. No death wobble at all.

I will email pics to anyone interested. The parts alone are worth more than what I am selling it for. The roll cage was over $1500 by itself.

I am not willing to part out so it is a package deal. $3,750 and that includes the Warn Winch. If you dont want or need the winch $3,000

Trail spares such as axle shafts, hubs and u joints included in price. email me at [email protected] if interested. Located in VA

IMG_6372.jpg

My first Jeep was the same color scheme. I think my doors even had the same dents.

GLWS!!

man, this is a sweet jeep. wish i could afford another one.... good luck man!

Thanks for the props. It is a little bitter sweet I am selling it. Just don't use it like it is meant to be used. Someone will land a well built jeep that has been trouble free on the road and trail.

I recognize that XJ!

P1010467.jpg

P1010460.jpg

I hate that you are getting rid of it James. Its a nice rig and well worth the money. I had fun wheelin with you up on Poor Mountain a few years back.

Last edited:
More pics! I love this XJ. I would buy it but I love my wife and I want to keep her more than I need another Jeep!

P1010464.jpg

P1010462.jpg

P1010461.jpg

P1010470.jpg

Here is Hadfield spotting for you. The pics do not do this climb justice and if I remember correctly you were the only rig to make it up and not break!

Good Times!
P1010466.jpg

Wow, thanks for posting those pics. I had a lot of fun in the jeep and those pics might make me hang on to it. Heck, it's been paid for for years. I won't recover half of what I put in it and it still runs up and down the highway with no problems. plus it's one of the most unique looking jeeps on the road and trail!

Wow, thanks for posting those pics. I had a lot of fun in the jeep and those pics might make me hang on to it. Heck, it's been paid for for years. I won't recover half of what I put in it and it still runs up and down the highway with no problems. plus it's one of the most unique looking jeeps on the road and trail!

I agree, your XJ is the first "exo-caged" XJ that I remember ever seeing anywhere and it was right here in Roanoke.

Very, Very nice Jeep!

Back