• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1985 Toyota 4Runner

Gravesdiggerxj

NAXJA Forum User
For sale 1985 4Runner.

This is the best year for the 4Runner. 1st year of the fuel injected 22RE motor and last year of the solid front axle.

Rebuilt 22re. Manual trans. 4" lift. 33" BFG AT's on Aluminum 15" wheels. Aisin Hubs.
Hardtop. Cage. 4.10 gears and welded front and rear
Trail Gear crossover High steer. IFS steering box pushed forward to the core support (for great draglink to tie rod uptravel clearance)

This is a project. The running gear is not in the vehicle but it is all there.
We pulled the original motor and sold it to swap in a Supra I6, but decided to go back to the original motor.
Everything ran great. We just spent $500 last year on another 22re that we were told had recently been rebuilt and I did hear it run before it was pulled.

This rig works very well. It's very well balanced and we took a lot of time to make sure it worked well. We took 3rd place in the stock class and the Delta Old School Rock Crawl a few years back.
It is a project and has a few dents.

I have a lot of extras:
I have and extra head, supra dash, supra gauge cluster. New corner markers. Two batteries.
I also have a rear axle front a Montero SR limited we were planning on swapping into the rig I can include. 4.90 gears (4.88 would match up front). Air locker. 31 spline shafts (same size and spline pitch as the ford 9"). disc brakes 6 lug. dropout 3rd member 9.25" ring gear.

photobucket-24854-1354921733776.jpg

In the photo the driver rear glass on the hardtop is broken but I have a brand new piece of glass to go into it.
Doors are in the back.

Here is the drivetrain
photobucket-36664-1354921735697.jpg

Clean title.

$1700 obo
will trade for a clean 4cyl DD import.

I'm going to start putting this back together and the price will go up as it becomes a runner.

Back