• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

18 inch charger wheels

This is the pic I like to use to highlight my charger rims.
The above pic didn't have center caps; I also managed to find some black lug covers since.
I also ditched the chrome (grille, etc...) since the above pic.
cinema-01.jpg

i bet the split spokes with 35s would loook killer on a white 2 door.

i bet the split spokes with 35s would loook killer on a white 2 door.
I'll see if I can't find some donor pictures and PhotoShop something together :)

That's a really nice looking jeep that you have there! Your jeep confuses me. It looks like an orvis XJ with the rear spoiler and the hood vents, and tails. The side marker ligths aren't above the fender flare though. Is your XJ in Poland or Canada? If in Canada, did you put those parts on yourelf?

This is the pic I like to use to highlight my charger rims.
The above pic didn't have center caps; I also managed to find some black lug covers since.
I also ditched the chrome (grille, etc...) since the above pic.
cinema-01.jpg

I still like your cobra wheels better, but those look good. It's time for you to lose the roof rack to clean it up even more.

Last edited:
The LX and XJ platforms have the same pattern. 4.5" = 114.3mm. LX wheels bolt directly onto an XJ. The LX cars use a 14mm stud, while the XJs use 1/2-20 studs. I read that XJ are hubcentric and LX are lug centric, but but they have the same bore for the hub. I read threads where people insisted they wouldn't fit, would fly off, wouldn't center, etc- and I honestly think those guys were just talking nonsense.

The lug spacing is the same, and the wheels bolt right up.

01XJ_July082.jpg

Bling003.jpg

BrettsZJ001.jpg

RT-shrubs2.jpg

P9030132.jpg

RT18004.jpg

Jeep001.jpg

cobras1.jpg

:rolleyes:

edit- I found another thread on here where someone said Mopar Action said you couldn't put Mustang wheels on an LX, and that the wheels would fly off- the Fords have a different bore than the XJ/LX, so maybe that's a factor on a built track car, but I don't think they ever tried it on a Jeep. I don't know if a 15" wheel would even clear the LX brakes.

I was the one that mentioned the Mopar Action article, the problem is that the LX cars and Mercedes use a 114.5mm bolt spacing to Chrysler, Ford, and AMC's 4.5"/114.3mm spacing. The reason is that the lugs don't fit in the rims quite right and you can risk damaging the studs and/or rims over time or if you're really pushing the vehicle (which is more likely to happen with a Hemi powered LX car than our Jeeps) to the point where one of them could fail. Personally, I'd prefer either Moabs or Mustang rims on my XJ for the above reason.

That's a really nice looking jeep that you have there! Your jeep confuses me. It looks like an orvis XJ with the rear spoiler and the hood vents, and tails. The side marker ligths aren't above the fender flare though. Is your XJ in Poland or Canada? If in Canada, did you put those parts on yourelf?
I'm in Canada, but I used the Orvis as inspiration for my mods. I found the spoiler on ebay (it's an Orvis replica made by a Spanish company called ASD tuning). Real Orvis vents look like north American 5.9L ZJ vents, but they're not functional (they're stick on). My vents are from a 94-96 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, and they work. The side markers are off a European Ford Probe/ Mazda 6; they were done before I knew about euro Jeep marker placement. I placed my markers where you might expect to see the trail rated badge; I figured that was the stealthiest place to put them. My tails aren't European; I found a guy on ebay the sells oem tails minus the amber. Aside from that, I search European ebay sites for weird/odd parts (like my gas tank skid, SS door sill plates, oem fit projector fogs, etc...).

I still like your cobra wheels better, but those look good. It's time for you to lose the roof rack to clean it up even more.
The tires were terrible on those cobra rims, and the Jeep drove like crap. They had to go.

I was the one that mentioned the Mopar Action article, the problem is that the LX cars and Mercedes use a 114.5mm bolt spacing to Chrysler, Ford, and AMC's 4.5"/114.3mm spacing. The reason is that the lugs don't fit in the rims quite right and you can risk damaging the studs and/or rims over time or if you're really pushing the vehicle (which is more likely to happen with a Hemi powered LX car than our Jeeps) to the point where one of them could fail. Personally, I'd prefer either Moabs or Mustang rims on my XJ for the above reason.
That's such a negligible amount.

114.5? Did you mean 115?

FWIW, that's either .008", or .028" difference. What, exactly, do your stock wheels measure? I wonder if stock wheels are even that consistent/accurate.

Remember that that's diameter, not radius. Each hole ends up off center by 0.35mm - 13 thousandths of an inch.

Would I do it for the track or drag strip? Nope. Wouldn't even think about it.

Would I do it for a jeep? Yeah, probably. If I wanted to run those wheels.

Also, iirc deucestudios put 18" stock steelies from one of those cars on his XJ. Painted em engineer grey, they looked pretty damn good with decent MTs on them.

Back