• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

#110 Flex-a-lite Install w/LEDS!! 56k :-

Ditch the scotchlok! They are not a quality connection. It will work fine for awhile, but not sealed, exposed to the heat and moisture it will corrode and fail. Solder and heat shrink is the ultimate. However, I do not like sildering wires that are in a vibrating vehicle. Cut, strip, butt connect and heat shrink. Using the proper tools and parts will provide you with a long living and trouble free installation. Noninsullated butt connectors and double wall heat shrink tubing are my choices. Check your crimps before covering them. Great install! Keep it up, looks good.

great write up? No, this is an EXCELLENT write up! Your tempting me to give it a go.Keep it up, and work that camera! we like lots of pics!

jeeper i got the ffd triple threat fan setup to but i dont have the radiator only the cooling fan conversion(best money spent yet),that bad boy is sweettttttt,how much bigger(thicker) is the ffd radiator then the stock radiator? i have been wanting to hear from someone who bought the radiator and is running it.

Curious if there is something different with the way the AUX fan is wired. I wired it the same way as the flex fan but the led just does not want to light up. Hell, once I reach speeds of over 50+ the led on the flex fan lights up as the fan is free spinning and creating enough power to light the led. But that's off topic. I believe that the ECU controls the aux fan buy connecting the ground. So could I possibly connect the led to a constant +12v source then crimp the ground to the fan so the ECU will complete the circuit? Now that I think about it, it sounds like I'ma just bridge my battery straight to my ecu.....doesn't sound good.

Anyway thanks for the complements, (over a 1k veiws dang! )I've been slacking greatly. Completed the headlight harness, 136a alternator, cooling enhancements...and no pictures.... but I got everything I need for the read disc conversion, even the parking brake lines from a ZJ so everything will hook up nicely. PickaPart is my new favorite place. I'll be sure to take a ass load of pictures since it's taken me many many months of research to even become comfortable with the idea. More to come.

Its been a long time but Im settled on a single speed Taurus fan I got from 300$XJ back in the day and installed a SPAL controller and just today got around to the 2ndfamily sensor just for the controller to properly throttle the fan. Working like a charm so far. :) I just used a 3/8 brass air T fitting to install in my stock coolant sensor location and just installed the 2d sensors that way.

My only issue is now my aux fan cuts on when my temps get to 210sit and wont cut off after that and just runs nonstop. Even after shutting off and restarting the fan continues to run. Even swapped relays and nothing different. :-(

Back