• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$11 Bastard Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics*

thats a huge leaf pack!!! how much lift did htat net

Ramsey said:
thats a huge leaf pack!!! how much lift did htat net

This much...

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

Those are 33's...

Looks damn good. I think down the road im going to try out some MJ main leafs since they are a few inches longer and run a custom shackle setup. Not really sure quite yet but i'll be sure to post pics.

I dunno if you were referring to my pack...

It worked great at Winterfest...

Too bad the Dana Turdyfive didn't...

I rotated my pinion in the quarry...

On this obstacle...

DSCN1307.jpg

I was referring to anyone really, I've seen all the writeups for explorer, dakota, s-10 BB's for the rear, but haven't seen anything about what you guys are using for the front springs, kinda want it to sit level...

twardozrally said:
I was referring to anyone really, I've seen all the writeups for explorer, dakota, s-10 BB's for the rear, but haven't seen anything about what you guys are using for the front springs, kinda want it to sit level...

aftermarket coils are cheap enough that making your own or using some out of a vehicle that is heavier (netting a crappy ride) isnt worth it... IMHO

just thought id add these shots-
XJ RE 3.5" HD springs (sagged to 1.5") + YJ Skyjacker 4" lift springs:

4g41p4

to this:
4g41te

netting this much lift:
4g41ug

235/75r15" tires...

need to add shackles so that the leaves flex
this summer a project will involve taking the packs apart again and sanding all the rust off and painting with graphite paint...
biggest problem with my leaf packs:
Drilling the offset holes (yj packs have centered holes) - Spring steel eats through $10 bits at a rate of 3 leaves per bit... and i had 6 holes to make...

For some reason my picture server went down. I'll have to contact the admin. If I can't get it back up i'll be sure to let you know and possibly send you a Zipfile of the pics.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Ranger...

Get some 33's or 35's bro!

33's waiting at home in CA for me

will buy some 35's once $$$ for gears arives...

oh yeah - and i have a front axle to put in before i can do anything else...

I have a couple of quick questions for the write-up in the original post... Now, what if i just add the bottom 3 leafs (from the S10) to my main leaf (XJ) how much will that give me???
And
You said new u-bolts, are they the factory size, or bigger???

devile said:
I have a couple of quick questions for the write-up in the original post... Now, what if i just add the bottom 3 leafs (from the S10) to my main leaf (XJ) how much will that give me???
And
You said new u-bolts, are they the factory size, or bigger???
I'm going to say ~3-3.5" of lift from those leafs. No way for me to really tell without trying it. The new U-bolts are from Rusty's Offroad Products, 1/2" thick with a 3" diameter for my C8.25 rear axle. The D35 takes a 2.85ish" diameter. The new Ubolt is needed for the length. My Rusty's ones where 9" long I believe.

Ok, so the stock ones aren't long enough, can i have the dimensions for the ones i need? Or are they 2.85" D and 9" long??? or is there more i need...

You want a set of U bolts (4 of them) for your rear axle (i'm assuming D35) and a set of center pins. I used 5/16" center pins.

Links:

U bolts

Center Pins

I also used a set of standard allen head bolts from the hardware store on my brother's S10 pack install. Worked fine as well. :wave:

Back