• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

100,000 Miles

Much better question! You can now justify replacing all those "worn out" parts like the springs, control arms, tires, etc. Of course when you replace them, the price difference to upgrade isn't much so you might as well lift it and put on bigger tires.

Oh I've been trying to swing that one.... I would like 3" with new leafs and 31s. Tires are still to new though to move to something bigger just yet.

Somewhere around 100K, the cooling system needed work. CSF all-metal rad, new pump, hoses, T stat, flushes, in no particular order. Think the brakes and shocks were next around 125K.

Just had the tstat replaced and whole cooling system flushed, back washed, and flushed again. Actually have heat again too! Shocks were replaced somewhere around 80K (ish).

Ah, excuses, that's a different story. Does it have a nice proper set of tow hooks? Fog lights? How about a receiver hitch?

First thing I ever did was add a set of Rusty's tow hooks. Fog lights were finally replaced and are working again. Kind of thinking about a set of driving lights though. I would like a hitch, didn't even think of that till you mentioned it.

I see you're in the rust belt, so check your radiator fins for rot. Maybe a rad. upgrade.

So far so good there. Fingers crossed.

Of the things I didn't absolutely have to do, but did anyway, the hitch has been the most useful by a large margin. If you can find one used (I've seen several around here for $25-50), it's also one of the cheapest.

Agreed. I paid 30 for mine at the junkyard.

Just because I'm so happy with my Cherokee here she is just after her birthday wash and exactly 100,000 on the odometer.

100KMiles2.jpg

i would suggest sliders, F&R bumpers lift and tires using the excuse that it's got 200k more to go to use them.....then pray it doesn't rot out before then

Howzabout some mud flaps?

Trust me, I've been trying! I just cant find the deluxe oem ones and haven't been happy with the fit of generic trim to fit versions.

They actually do help a bit to keep the slush out of the rear quarter.

Especially since I just had a body shop replace them. At least what was left. Not much left after 12 Ohio winters.

Last edited:
Back