• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'07 Wrangler revealed

Starscream918 said:
I think it looks pretty good. I'm waiting on it to come out so I can snatch those flares.
Yeah, its not bad. I think they did a good job of blending modern with the classic lines that make the Wrangler instantly recognizable.
Mambeu said:
Power windows and a V-6?
What you don't enjoy your power windows in the XJ...unless you don't have them, then you wouldn't of course, but I certainly like mine even though one motors dead and another is on its way...;) The V6 is disappointing but understandable, the Wrangler is currently the only Jeep still using the I6, lowers production costs to switch to what the rest have.

Jeepin Jason said:

Jason,

Have you seen the TQ/HP curves for the new engine?
The article seems to indicate that the V6 is a derivative of the Pacifica engine; I believe that series of engines dates back to the 3.0.3.3/3.5/3.8 from the eighties and early nineties. It's torque curve in passenger car duty is pretty lame-o. I hope there are some revisions for the 4x4 version.

I would hope they played with the motor for more torque.

What is the stock regular axle under them? I know they use D44s in the Rubi's, but what about the cheaper versions. It says they widened it 3.5" (track is width rigt) and I cant see a already fairly weak axle taking even more length and more power.

Looks very similar to the new Toyota FJ concept.

I really like the interior.

Good lord, not another liberty :hang:

I cant wait for these ugly mofos to roll in the dealership, so I can find real reasons to dislike them; as if the powertrain were not enough.

All I can say is, I am glad I bought mine when I did.

Why the suprise?
jeep_rescue_05.jpg

The square edges of the hard top are reminiscent of a Honda Element.

Looks like the solid axles were retained, thank god!

If the rumored Hemi makes it's way in it for 08, it could be one hell of a package.

" electronically detaching front anti-roll bar for extra wheel travel on the trail". Wonder what kind of gadgetry that will be?

hackedxj said:
" electronically detaching front anti-roll bar for extra wheel travel on the trail". Wonder what kind of gadgetry that will be?

Probably something similar to this homebrew version.

hackedxj said:

i would think it is something like the discos on the new dodge power wagon

Back