• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

05 f-250 axles, what next

Instead of going with 10" of lift and all that jazz how 'bout you just give it a small amount and cut the holy hell out of the body?I don't think you want to be at crazy high lift having to take nutty off camber lines because of full width axles.

Lift Low
Trim High

Also a 454 is not the ideal motor for a super weak unit body like the XJs. Ask around how much the 350 chevys twist up the "frame" you surely dont want to add another 150-200 ftlbs of torque.

As for the 10" thats a bit lame. No reason to make it so big. the lower the better.

ok, ok i'll concede the 454 is a little over kill and the 10" is just inchitis but i will try to be extreemly creative on the next build with the 250 axles, this i swear( long travel coil over suspension?), i am also using the baisic XJ platform ( and a lot of tubing )

let the designing begin!

I think it sounds good. As far as full width or not, just look at what you'll be doing. If you're running tight trails or rock crawling and such, then cut em, and if you do more sand running and mud-bogging, full width should work just fine. I've been kinda waitin for someone to get some of the new SD axles for an XJ ever since I read about them...Should be a cool product when finished.

Back