• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

0331 head swap question

Oil pressure is just under 40psi at hot idle. Im going to change that out as well, could be some residule water in there. I know its such a small amount but i never want to do this again.

That seems a bit high, but not a problem. Also, what do you consider hot? As soon as the coolant hits 210*? The oil isn't any where near temp at that point. Depending on driving conditions the oil will take an additional 10-20 minutes to come up to its temp.

UPDATE:

It's been close to a month after doing this swap, so far so good. Oil pressure went back to being on the slightly low side but the motor is quiet and runs very smooth so Im guessing the pressure sensor is bad.

Also had to re-do the water pump gasket, apparently I snapped one of the water pump bolts and never knew, was pissing out coolant 1/2 gallon every 18 miles.

Other than that the rig runs good, no misfires, codes, etc.

Now its time to re-do the brand new trackbar I just installed, the bushing is already ripped and the bar is banging inside the axle mount.

Jeep...Just eaten every penny.

Here was my writeup on mine at the time. More changes I am sure, provided I setup for a pre '99 manifold to work my 4 O2 sensors.

Link: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1097730

I know that the older heads would work, and that you'd need the exhaust gasket from the earlier years as well as an earlier exhaust manifold from the same to work it. Yes it is doable. I am sure parts from ZJ's TJ's and WJ's can all be used as needed. I am still researching mine right now, as I just got done with the swap and have less than 1k of driving miles on mine right now. I plan to toy with mine when its not being the DD, but for the next 6 months or so it is, and thus I have to make things good till I can play with the stuff and make it the way I want it.

Jeff

Back