• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 w/ Procomp 3" lift = vibrations

1. (Pic 2) Have Chattanooga DL replace that u-joint with a CV joint.
2. Add a 2* steel shim to the leaf packs to get your angle correct.
3. Enjoy.

I will be over in about 30 minutes with your parts so you can look at mine while I am there.

First,this pic looks bad(as in the front yoke looks pulled to far out and maybe even drooping),you definately need to do something(as in a SYE kit whether it be a H-n-T or HD unit).With your current set-up,driveshaft angle doesn't count,only pinion angle and transfer case output shaft angle.
XJ003.jpg

My pinion angle is -5. Just going from my Mustang days I'd think you'd want the pinion angle closer to -2 for the least amount of vibrations. Would a 2-3* shim help me in this situation. I'll have to put off the SYE for a month or so.

First,this pic looks bad(as in the front yoke looks pulled to far out and maybe even drooping),you definately need to do something(as in a SYE kit whether it be a H-n-T or HD unit).With your current set-up,driveshaft angle doesn't count,only pinion angle and transfer case output shaft angle.

The yoke is not coming off, too far out or drooping. LOL.

The yoke is not coming off, too far out or drooping. LOL.

YEAH right!!!Coming from someone that wants him to add a cv joint to a stock shaft(I call ghetto!).

YEAH right!!!Coming from someone that wants him to add a cv joint to a stock shaft(I call ghetto!).

Its probably the T-case drop putting the tailshaft at more of an angle it doesn't seem to be drooping either. My slipyoke is just as far out as that one and all i have is an AAL in the back

So you are telling me that a 3" lift automatically calls forxa longer shaft? If you thought about the geometry of a tc drop, you would actually be pushing the yoke inward. Youre a magazine wheeler lol. I've run a stock shaft with a cv on 7.5" re longarms for a loooooong time and i wheel harder than you think. Dont be so narrow minded. Oh yeah. His tailshaft and yoke look identical to mine lol.

Last edited:
Back