• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 headlights, tail lights, no dash or center console...headlight switch?

Ok, hope you find it quick and can enjoy your weekend too.

Good luck.

Ok heres what happened with my 90 renix when this happened. Open the hood and look at the starter relay one of wires on the post is for the lights. I just removed the nut and tried each wire till I found the one for the lights. I found it and replaced the ring connector on it. Put everything back on there and the lights havent gone out since!

joe_peters, et all:

After getting more time this past weekend to remove the alarm system the problem still exists. The #6 fuse still blows after 10-15 mins of driving. Now I figure its time to get serious and figure out how to read a wiring diagram. I have the Haynes manual and found the diagram but really don't know how to chase down my problem.

If any kind soul would please list some detailed steps in finding the "short", I would be in debt to them! From what I know there is the headlight switch, dashlights, xtransfer lights, radio lights, and hvac lights, and of course the fusebox and somewhere in this circuit there is a "short". So lets say I take apart the dash and see all the guts what is my next move if I have a short circuit locator? Where do i start? I have no problem purchasing a short detector if this is a for sure way to find my problem.

Thanks all. This little gremlin is making me lose hair and i am running low on follicles!

When the fuse blows what do you have on in that circuit? Does this problem occur when all lights are off?
As Joe Peters suggested you need to remove the light bulbs one at a time in the overall power circuit to eliminate the good wiring from the one causing the problem.

Charles

Back