• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 Amber Fire Sport

amberfire.jpg

xtrememtbiker85 said:
sweet but it looks like its sagging in the rear a little.

That isn't the exact one I am looking at, just a picture of the same color. I don't have a pic of the one I am looking at.

96XJCLASSIC said:
That isn't the exact one I am looking at, just a picture of the same color. I don't have a pic of the one I am looking at.

Interesting, body-colour wheelarch mouldings on a Sport. I think I've seen one or two in that colour, but certainly not many. Thanks for posting that!

casm said:
Interesting, body-colour wheelarch mouldings on a Sport. I think I've seen one or two in that colour, but certainly not many. Thanks for posting that!

99+ sports had color matching grill and fender flares.

The amber fire was only made in '01. To the best of my knowledge.

TheDogsAreDead said:
here you go: Amber Fire Pearl

Based on the earlier photos, I think someone's got the wrong paint code. That's Sienna Pearlcoat - I know, 'cos I've got one in that colour :D

xjthreequarter4.jpg

Last edited:
casm said:
Based on the earlier photos, I think someone's got the wrong paint code. That's Sienna Pearlcoat - I know, 'cos I've got one in that colour :D

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/182540/original/xjthreequarter4.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
:cool: I don't recall seeing one in that color (in person) before... looks nice!

Nice tires, too :) I just put them on my '94.

iBran said:
:cool: I don't recall seeing one in that color (in person) before... looks nice!

Thanks - I've seen a few running around in it, but so far mine seems to be the only Limited in the area. Funny thing is, I have an aversion to red cars in general but the spec was too good to pass up, and I'm glad I grabbed it; the colour's even gron on me. Oh, and I should probably point out that photo shows the nice shiny dealer wax job on it - that was the first thing I took care of :D

Nice tires, too :) I just put them on my '94.

Heh, if things had gone to plan you could've ended up running on mine - I'm going over to the TJ Moab rims in a few weeks; had planned on doing it back in January but finances fell flat.

Last edited:
6mos. ago I bought a '00 Limited with 60k for $9,500 (after A LOT of haggling) from a very "uppity" Jeep dealer. Sounds like a nice XJ, but I agree on the Limited upgrade, and that price for a sport, again, may ba a little high. Since you don't NEED a new one, tell them your price and if they don't bend, walk out. HINT-It's getting close to the END OF MONTH. They'll work with you.

You're probably right about the incorrect color name in that link. At first look I thought it was just the low light of a picture taken in the evening.

Anyway, point being, after a quick Autotrader.com search, I found a few Amber Fire jeeps around. So they are out there, just a matter of waiting for a Limited to pop up.

The price isn't really that far outta line. I'm sure they'll be willing to work with you on it. All dealers are. I just got a mint Black 97 Sport, 90k, 4.0L AW4, NP231 for $4600. My mileage was below average for the age so I jumped on it. Couldn't be happier. A vehicle is only worth what your willing to pay, but like I said, make them a lower offer and see if they'll bite. You've already owned them so it's not like you don't know what you're getting for the $$$.

definitely haggle.
the used car lot wanted almost $4k for my MJ. I told them they were outta their minds, offered $1500 cash and drove it away. Hell, even at $1500 I probably paid too much, but I really wanted it, and it does have a fresh paint job.
MJ.jpg

TheDogsAreDead said:
You're probably right about the incorrect color name in that link. At first look I thought it was just the low light of a picture taken in the evening.

Anyway, point being, after a quick Autotrader.com search, I found a few Amber Fire jeeps around. So they are out there, just a matter of waiting for a Limited to pop up.
Amber Fire was limited edition color and was not available on the Limited. (just like Solar Yellow)

Back