• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'01 4.0 5 Speed XJ for sale

JEEPS

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '01 XJ Sport with a 5 speed manual transmission for sale. (NV3550) This is as rare as it gets, I spent years looking and have only seen a few.

I have installed the following:

-5.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Long Arm lift part # RE6300
-1999 Dana 30 high pinion front axle with an ARB Locker and 3.55 gears
-Rear is Chrysler 8.25 with 29 spline axles and a No-Slip automatic locker and matching 3.55 gears. (5 speeds came with 3.07 gears from the factory)
-32" BFG A/Ts with lots of tread left
-Rubicon mono tube front shocks
-All new 100% made in USA front and rear cv style drive shafts worth $700 (not Tom Woods!)
-Rubicon Heavy Duty output shaft and rear slip yoke
-Brand new 2" class III receiver hitch

The u-joints are new as well as the A/C compressor and brakes. Everything works from the A/C to the rear wiper. It has 147,000 miles on it. I would trust this Jeep to drive across country as is. The options are below.

4 door
Cruise
Power windows/ locks
Remote Entry
Rear defrost/wiper
Cloth Seats (not vinyl)
600 dollars worth of speakers and a blue tooth cd/mp3 receiver
roof rack
No ABS brakes
NV3550 Manual transmission that is very smooth shifting with a great condition clutch

The interior is very clean, the paint is fairly decent with a few scratches from tree branches rubbing it while I was driving it on some forest roads and the front and rear bumpers have some scuffs and minor dings. I took this to the badlands once to see how it handled with the suspension and lockers, it was great. Since then I have driven this Jeep on the road as a daily driver. (I have another XJ that I built years before that I use for running hard trails)

I have decided to sell this one to slim down my fleet of 3 Jeeps to just 2. This is the one best suited for driving around town, on the interstate, and being plenty capable going to some off road events or trail rides.

I would love this to go to a home that can appreciate a manual transmission XJ as much as I have. It rides great on the road and off, no major rattles or noise, no leaks, no rust holes under the vehicle.

Price is $9,500 and in the Madison, WI area

PM me if you would like pics or have questions.

thanks,
Jeeps

Back