• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disaster relief photos... finally!

grrlpwr

NAXJA Forum User
All I can say is, if you weren't there you missed out!

On the way to our site...

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

The guy w/the basket and his wife (in pink) were walking through the neighborhood delivering sandwiches to volunteers - their home was spared.
DSC_0105.jpg

The guy in the baret and the woman standing next to Mark are the homeowners.

DSC_0107.jpg

We kept this guy pretty busy
DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

The grass suffered some damage from the cleanup
DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0212.jpg

This guy helped a lot with the heavy lifting, he showed up later - I think he is related to the homeowners.
DSC_0214.jpg

Our team got bigger as the day went on, people just kept showing up
DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

Greg (JeepAddict85) and Alec (bigalpha) doing their part
DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

Matt (rredalty) on the river!
DSC_0251.jpg

Their yard went from the house all the way to the river... although you couldn't tell by looking at it at first.
DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0262.jpg

Breaktime
DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

You can see garbage in the trees across the river that came from a demolished warehouse, which you can see in the background of some of these photos.
DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done.

I used to buy my gas at that Shell station.

Nice job guys!

We very rarely have any of that kind of destruction here in the mountains and after seeing that I hope and pray we never do.

Wow. I had almost forgot the amount of damage. Thanks Tiff.

Wow. I had almost forgot the amount of damage. Thanks Tiff.

No prob, sorry it took so long but school comes first!

Aww c'mon you guys, of all the people! :nono: You were there and you know Matt was working the whole time, admit it! :twak: He might not have been working on an MJ, but if you think about it a chainsaw is kinda like an overgrown power tool, and he was the first one to fire his up! Since I was behind the camera I am not in any of the pics, but I'd like to think I worked pretty hard myself that day too - when I wasn't taking pictures! :photo: You, Mark, and Greg were awesome too and it definitely made it more fun working with fellow NAXJAns - if memory serves me, everyone who worked on that site that day worked continuously, minus an occasional break to quench our thirst with the water and soda provided by the homeowners, and to eat the Hardee's and Wendy's they brought in for us for lunch and dinner, oooh and those homemade sandwiches the neighbors delivered... Mmmmm! I was really impressed with the huge turnout and with the progress that was made in such a little amount of time. I heard the owners saying we were "heaven sent!" :angel:

WOW lot of damage....I didnt think it was that bad. Good work guys, Thanks!!!

Aw Tiff, we're just giving him a hard time. You know he'd do the same to us!!! :D

Thanks for the pics, I'll add them to the CoE for that day. That Wendy's was GOOOD!! You guys didn't have to wait for me to finish eating mine. I woulda found the park eventually!

Back